Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Reports STARS IS IN!

Im from the UK but im really happy to see you guys still at the table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 12:27 PM

wow you are all really ruining a really good post fast
Old 10-12-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe so, but not all christians are "right-wing religious nutjobs"

Therefore please do not lump all of us into that category

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you become "right-wing religious nutjobs" when religious ideology becomes a good reason to legislate the freedoms of others that have no impact on your lives. Governments have been doing this since the beginning of time. I could go on all day about why I feel organized religion is a bad thing for society, but I'll just leave it at that. It's one thing to be a Christian and live by your own set of beliefs. It's a whole nother thing to actually respect the beliefs of people who are different, and not try and force them to live by your rules. If your church doesn't think two men should be allowed to marry, then by all means feel free to keep it out of your church, but the government has no place in deciding that.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:45 PM

I completely agree with what you just said...I do not try to impose my beliefs on anyone, especially not through political means. Don't get me wrong, I am completely against the legislation and any right-wing religious lobbying to strong arm politicians to force legislation supporting moral beliefs on people...I think we agree with each other here...thus, supporting my point about not stereotyping.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking as someone with very libertarian political beliefs, even poker isn't enough to make me vote for freedom-hating liberal Democrats. They oppose nearly everything I stand for, and I oppose nearly everything they stand for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might need to re-evaluate which party is more anti-libertarian at the moment...

Political ramblings aside, good work Stars! I've never been a customer, but look forward to playing on your site for the forseeable future. Now we just need to educate the fish on where to migrate to before we lose some of them...
Old 10-12-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree 100 percent. I'm ashamed to say I've never voted for anything but President. That changes now - I will be pulling the Democratic switch across the board.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

yep - voting will be easy this next go around, straight on the Democrat party line for me
Old 10-12-2006, 01:12 PM

The US government is going to still make indictments against pokerstars employees. I think Stars even knows this. They just will argue that they didn't violate the bill since poker is "obviously" a game of skill. And, Stars probably already has their defense ready as we speak.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 PM

I agree...they are becoming an ugly monster as of late, I'm not defending them...back to the threads topic, I agree, funnel the fish to Stars and also to FT...Party Poker's loss
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
freedom-hating liberal Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Could this lemmming be any more PWNED?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:03 PM

it's on Reuters now they are saying poker is a game of skill but we knew that already [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i just wonder whether Lee Jones is planning a move to CostaRicaments??
Closed Thread