Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Being screwed by my affiliate

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't the affiliate named in this thread??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering the same thing. I would particularly like to know who is foolish enough to (1) attempt to offer Party rakeback, and (2) then be 'caught' within his first month, so I know never to go through that person.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't the affiliate named in this thread??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering the same thing. I would particularly like to know who is foolish enough to (1) attempt to offer Party rakeback, and (2) then be 'caught' within his first month, so I know never to go through that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This person could still be signing-up new players with no intention of paying. Unfortunately, it's been done before.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 PM

yep. Name names please
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yep. Name names please

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I have no reason not to out the guy, since he's clearly not planning on paying.

Name: Eric Turner
Email: tamuet01@verizon.net

Somehow he's connected to the Texas Poker Association/Cardrunners although I'm not sure what the connection is. He apparently bought half of the affiliate last month from a guy named Kevin (email pokertx@gmail.com) who calls himself Texas Poker Association on email.

Another shady issue is that I was told I was getting 30% rakeback when I signed up (yes I didn't research enough to see that 25% is the max). After playing for a few days and requesting my stats, I noticed it was quite lower than 30%. I enquired about this and the new guy (Eric) said that Kevin had advertised 30% because it more closely related to the % of rake paid. They are actually paying 20% rakeback on standard MGR. Obviously this is complete bs, and I told him that anyone involved with rakeback knows it's always based on MGR. I told Eric (the new owner) that I was not happy about this at all, and would not settle for less than 25%. He agreed to offer me 23% which I accepted.

Fast forward to the day the senate passed the internet gambling bill, and Eric immediately sends out an email saying he is shutting down because of it. He mentions we will still get paid for September. I am pretty certain he is using the gambling bill as a ploy to steal all our rakeback, as I read the affiliates are still getting paid, and since I am Canadian, I will still be generating MGR at party and for his affiliate in the future, should I play at party (which I will obviously not given these events).

So then about 3 days after the gambling ban, he emails everyone the email I quoted in the OP, saying he isn't paying anyone. I also deleted one line from that email which may be of interest:

[ QUOTE ]
I can only assume that someone from the whole Cardrunners feud mentioned something to party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone have any insight to this?

So I'm stuck for $360 for the month of September which I am owed. If there's any sort of recourse against these guys I'd be happy to go through with it. And yes I realize it was shady from the start; I'm not looking for sympathy.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:31 PM

fwiw, the risks of signing up for rakeback thru an affiliate for a site that doesn't allow it, and will shut down affiliates for offering it, should be clear to all getting involved in these types of situations... CAVEAT EMPTOR
Old 10-12-2006, 02:00 AM

Best thing is to out them and stick together. Any affiliates who aren't paying rake we should post here and everyone who's still at Party or whatever sites should quit those affiliates. If they don't want to pay out rakeback they will have no accounts.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:49 AM

Although rakeback is against the terms of service, he probably didn't get shut down by Party. He figures this is the last month for Americans on Party, so [censored] everyone. He wants to pocket some decent coin before he essentially goes out of business.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:59 AM

I just read my email and got the same reasoning from my aff but worded differently. I guess no more poker for me until they fix their [censored] [censored] up!
[ QUOTE ]
Go this email today:

[ QUOTE ]

A few of you are wondering where your Rakeback is. I have contacted a few of you telling you of my problems with the affiliate cashier. It seems as though I am finished before I ever began. I have no Rakeback money. xxx has frozen my account citing that I have been running a Rakeback business as the reason. I can log in, but I cannot withdraw any funds. I am pasting the email I received from them today.

Dear xxx,

It has been brought to our attention that your affiliate business has been refunding your payments to many of the players. This violates the affiliate agreement and bylaws. It states that any “rakeback” programs are strictly prohibited, and will cause us to terminate our agreement with you. Your funds have been frozen until further notice.

Sincerely,

xxx,

I know many of you are mad, that you never got going to begin with. Well, so am I. I was planning on this being a big part of my income, but all my time was for nothing. Not only do I not have your Rakeback, but I don’t have my Rakeback, and my account was frozen. I think this is all kind of fishy from xxx. Notice they do this right before all US players are going to be banned. I am sorry, and regretful that I got into this in the first place. I will try to appeal, but I doubt it will go through. I hope you all have better luck at the tables, than I did with this affiliate “business.”

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically I just sit here and take it? I guess there's nothing I can do? Chances this is a fake email so he can steal everyone's rakeback? I stand to lose $360 on this as luckily I was away most of September... not the end of the world but still quite frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 PM

FWIW, "Kevin" at "Texas Poker Association" was/is my affiliate. I haven't been paid *yet* for September but am reserving hope. Kevin has been upstanding and honorable throughout the duration of our RB agreement on PP, so far. That being said, wtf knows...
Old 10-24-2006, 11:49 AM

I'm in the same boat with highestrb.com although he hasn't sent out an excuse. I haven't heard back since my first and only payment in September.