Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: cheating (cross post)

I think you delt with it as well as possible. You got your money back nobody got hurt. Don't think i'd play with the guy again or in any game where it is so easy to stack the deck. Shuffle in front, cut behind (Scarne's cut if neccesary).
Did he shuffle and cut the cards?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 AM

Rigging the deck for any reason, whether it be for cheating or laughs, is never good in my opinion. From this version of the story it sounds like the guy was just trying to be cute which is way better than him trying to cheat someone, but it still isn't good.

I once was dealing for three players at the end of a SNG I got knocked out of. I set the deck to give them AA, KK, and QQ. And to complete my joke each one caught their set on the flop only to make a board royal by the river. The three players at the table know that it was only a joke and that no harm came from it, but they didn't want me to deal for them anymore because the level of security was now gone.

Just a thought. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with a person dealing after they shown they were capable of rigging the deck almost without anyone taking notice.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shuffle in front, cut behind (Scarne's cut if neccesary).

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a quick google and couldn't find details on "Scarne's cut". Was this a special method of cutting cards to defeat deck setters?

If you can't give a short summary, can you point me to a reference, such as one of his books that details this security measure?

Or am I way off base here?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:10 PM

I would kick him to the curb. I don't need that kind of crap in my homegame. At the very least, he has to sit out a game while others discuss it in his absence. And he absolutely doesn't deal or shuffle ever again. It sucks he had to bring down the level of trust at the game just to show off and be cute, but there's no way of knowing if he'd cop to it had he not been called out on it.

In the future I recommend both using a cut card and having someone not the dealer cut. Yeah, the latter slows things down, but apparently people feel it's okay to cheat in this game.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 PM

it it were me and that was a close friend of mine who i KNEW FOR SURE was just joking and would have admitted it (whether you called him out or not) after the hand, then i guess i's let it slide
BUT BUT BUT
it doesn't seem like he's your best friend, in which case i wouldn't allow him in that game anymore...not while playing with that much cash on the table
Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

U SHOULD SAY LETS FLIP FOR STACKS AND THEN BACK OUT
Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how would you personally deal with this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

[grunch]
CALL THE GUY WITH THE GLOCK!!!!
[\grunch]

EDIT: LOL BEATENTOITTWICEOVERAMENTS
Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 AM

I don't know if the home poker regulars know the situation for you to troll grim
Old 10-13-2006, 10:04 AM

Big deal, the guys were just having a bit of fun. You were a big winner enjoy it and laugh. Your lucky it wasn't a real situation á la high stakes poker Greenstein v Farha on the last hand of the night. We do it now and again in our home games - it's funny, no harm gets done and nobody calls it cheating!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:01 PM

wait, you really think Greenstein got cheated that hand?