Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should polls be posted in English or What?
American English 10 21.28%
Swedish 7 14.89%
Rupees 9 19.15%
IASADCMS 6 12.77%
1337, 101 j/k 15 31.91%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Angry about the new law? This is a democracy.

The Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the Executive seat. In order for real poker legislation to come to pass and to have any chance of carving out poker from gambling, or repealing the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, it is IMPERATIVE that Republicans lose power in the US government. This of course means that the Democrats must regain power. I speak to reach out to EVERYONE, whether you are a die-hard Rep. or a bleeding-heart Lib. This may cause responses from some neoconservatives who think your leader can do no wrong, but the truth of the matter is, it is the Republican party that is out to stomp on gambling (and poker) wherever they can. If they remain in power, they will continue refining the law until we're talking about PROHIBITION. The Democrats do not have such an agenda; they do not seek to incorporate religious beliefs into our legal system. It would seem (in speculation) that if the majority of the US population were to ask for regulation of Internet gambling, or poker, the Democrats would love to reap the $ they would make off online players.

The size of the Democratic force in power today is simply too small to head off the giant Elephant which is constantly on a destructive path or your rights, liberties, and your pursuit of happiness. THIS MEANS YOU MUST VOTE OUT REPUBLICANS EVERYWHERE. Go vote on Nov. 7. Make sure you are registered NOW as the deadline in most states is approaching. Then vote for every Democratic congressperson, governor, senator, mayor, McDonald's owner, whatever...Lets take back the country and our freedoms! Make the end of the decade the turn-around point where online poker is not headed towards prohibition but instead regulated legally like the other great countries in the world!

If YOU, America, keep the Republican party in control of this country, we shall not speak of our greatest goal: CARVING OUT POKER FROM GAMBLING.

- The Truth

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Angry about the new law? This is a democracy.

I will vote, but it will not be for a [censored] republican and it will not be for a [censored] democrat. Me, I believe in freedom.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:41 PM

From what I've read here and elsewhere, two representatives voted against the SPA in the House. One Republican, one Democrat.

This isn't a party issue. Hell, as things currently stand it's not even an issue. That's what we need to change, and not blindly vote for one party just because they were the minority when this act passed.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:42 PM

There are more then two partys.

I will vote libertarian.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:54 PM

This is a Republic. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands.....

In a true Democracy the people would get to vote on everything. We do not. We have a representative Republic. Our elected officals are supposed to represent our views, if they don't, we have the right to vote them out. However, many times laws that are voted on by our representatives and passed would still pass if voted on democratically, even though a large percentage (up to 49%) of the people may be against the law.

Vote out the people you don't like, it's your right. Just remember, the general consensus is the Republicans AND Democrats would have voted in a large enough mass to pass this bill on it's own, without it being tacked to other legislation. Just my ramblings.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've read here and elsewhere, two representatives voted against the SPA in the House. One Republican, one Democrat.

This isn't a party issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep bringing up the votes? They were voting for the Port Security bill, they pretty much had to vote yes regardless.

The point is that the Republicans are the ones who pushed this bill and they are the party that will continue to try to crackdown on "moral" issues like gambling in order to appease their idiotic voting base.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it was a Democrat who pushed the legislation to make online poker a felony in Washington State.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 PM

The Secure Ports Act has nothing to do with the act facing us.
Nevertheless, I did make a statement that basically says to mindlessly vote based on this one bill. This was intentional, and not meant to be taken literally.

In response to the Liberterian, good luck gaining a majority in the Congress.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a Republic. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands.....

In a true Democracy the people would get to vote on everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
America is a representive democracy. That is a type of democracy. It is also a republic. These aren't contradictory.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Secure Ports Act has nothing to do with the act facing us.
Nevertheless, I did make a statement that basically says to mindlessly vote based on this one bill. This was intentional, and not meant to be taken literally.

In response to the Liberterian, good luck gaining a majority in the Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm voting Libertarian too. I mean wtf, I'm politically/economically conservative, and socially liberal. Both parties want huge ass giant govts. Neither of them appeal to me at all at this point. Don't be fooled, if this bill hit the floor of the Senate as a stand alone bill, it would have passed at least 3:1, just like it did as a stand alone in the house.
Closed Thread