Old 10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
SuperPanda22 SuperPanda22 is offline
Junior Member

Default AP rake back method

Hi all, this may be a silly question, but i can't seem to find a straight forward answer anywhere...

I plan on signing up for Absolute + rakeback. Some affiliates say that Absolute calculates rake using the Dealt method while others say it uses the Contributed method.

Which one is right? Or is it affiliate dependent? Which one is "better?"

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute
Default Re: AP rake back method

I have confirmed from them that it is contributed after it had previously been dealt. Dealt is better unless you are a call station.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
SuperPanda22 SuperPanda22 is offline
Junior Member

Ah ok, so it seems like they changed it (recently?). So, some of these affiliates are either advertising incorrect information or simply haven't updated their sites?

Thanks for the response!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

It was changed sometime around 4 months ago. It was also never told to affiliates AFAIK.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
howdydudey howdydudey is offline

Ff it is actual contributed then why is my rakeback close to twice what it says I have paid in PT?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM
howdydudey howdydudey is offline

I do not know if this is accurate, but this is the response I recieved from absolute:

Dear Mr. Bill Frist,

Thank you for your email.

Please notice that each site has the right to decide how they set their
promotions, in this case, our affiliates are the ones that decide how
they calculate their rakeback.

As an advice, please contact our affiliates websites for more
information about their promotions.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Anayuri
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

GUARANTEED $100K WEEKLY is here! Join us this Saturday at 16:30 ET! Win
your seat in one of our daily FreeRolls, Sit and Go or Multi Table
Satellites for as little as $3 or buy in directly for $216!

Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
JRussell JRussell is offline

Location: Slickrock or Snow. Maybe both!

Lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

Interesting response. I had not ever heard that. Maybe an affiliate out there can let us know their take on that. Are affiliates offered two options to pay the players?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
JRussell JRussell is offline

Location: Slickrock or Snow. Maybe both!

[ QUOTE ]
Are affiliates offered two options to pay the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I think they just meant the affiliates decide how much rake back to pay the players (ie. 25%, 28%, etc).
Old 10-12-2006, 09:05 PM
howdydudey howdydudey is offline

Does anyone know for sure how AP does rakeback????