Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 01:59 AM

Default how much $/hr can u expect to make bonus whoring

Hey guys, I'm currently playing .10/.20 and hopefully will move up to 1/2 in a few months.

But I am questioning how much money can be made realistically from bonus whoring. Anybody do this full time? I checked out a couple whoring websites and the re-load bonuses don't seem to be for much money. 20 or 40 dollars here and there.

How much money can you expect to make a week doing this?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: how much $/hr can u expect to make bonus whoring

Its hard to tell. Bonus whoring seems to have gotten a bit harder than it used to be (sites like Party hardly have reloads anymore). Absolute Poker raised the bar so pots have to be raked $0.50 to count. Crypto is even harder. To be able to whore and make a decent amount I think you need to play at least 2 tables at 1/2 at some of these sites (Absolute also has rakeback, so you can make some additional money there). You can expect to get about 2.5-3BB/100 when whoring a place like Absolute, so if you 2-table 1/2 this would be about $10-12/hour. You need to keep in mind that the better whoring sites have lots of whores playing there, meaning competition is very different from a place like Partypoker. But its all about preference. If you would be happy merely breaking even at the tables and making some money from bonuses a place like Absolute is absolutely worth trying out. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2006, 07:32 AM

In the last week I have made over $300 bonus whoring.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:59 AM

Currently I am playing 1/2, and here are my approximate rates:

Absolute (2 tabling, 9 handed) $5 hr
Over the summer I 3-tabled at 6max and cleared about $10 every 50 minutes or so

Party (2 tabling, 10 handed) $7/hr

Poker Stars (2 tables, 10 handed) $7 hr

William Hill (2 tables, 10 handed) $10 hr

Unfortunately, William Hill caps your earnings at $45/month, and Party and Poker Stars have pretty infrequent reload bonuses. Absolute always has bonuses available for clearing, so when I am not working on the other sites, I am playing there. Since I only play 3-4 hours a week, this setup works for me, adding about $100/month to my bankroll.

Over the summer I played about 25 hours/week and cleared about $8/hr playing mostly full ring. Since then, the Crypto sites (other than Will Hill) have made their "raked hands" definitions so ridiculous they are not worth playing. This makes Bonus Whoring (at least at 1/2) a lot more difficult, since the Cryptos were always good for $250/month.

I think the hardest thing about Bonus Whoring is what it does to your table selection. I have spent a lot of time at bad tables (full of rocks trying to clear their bonuses too or in bad position relative to the aggressive players) because there weren't any other tables open and I wanted to clear bonuses. Maybe I learned something about playing in sub-optimal conditions, but in any case I am sure that I sacrificed some winnings for bonus $. Now that I don't play as much, and I am over bankrolled for 1/2, I wait for the good tables and seem to have had an easier time of it.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute also has rakeback, so you can make some additional money there

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, most sites discount your monthly rb by any amount that you've received in bonuses.

The real place to discuss this topic is in the "Internet Bonuses" forum.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM

Hey, Ajrenni

How the hell do you manage to make any money at Absolute? What is your VPIP? Your PFA? The rocks there are so numerous it really makes playing like negotiating a minefield--seems like one of 'em's gonna getcha, no matter what you do. And you know something? Every time, EVERY time I've played there, I get the worst hands I've ever had. Literally, 250 straight passes, cards without even a ten, let alone a face card. And I don't play that tight, my VPIP is at 20, or thereabouts. People here white-wash every poker sin with that brush called variance, and maybe I'm the victim of it--but hey, I'm the victim of it everytime? Sorry, makes me wonder.

As to Crypto, select tables that average pots >$5, and you will clear quite quickly (multi-tabling). I made a 1,000 there this month playing L.25/L.50 and .5/1. L.25 is sweet, I mean, very sweet.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:03 PM

Absolute is exactly what I am talking about re: table selection. The good tables are there if you are willing to wait and play at the right time. I generally play during the afternoon on Sat and Sun (EST) and especially lately I have been able to find some really good tables (35-45% to the flop, avg pot $9-11). The downside is that sometimes I am reduced to playing one table, or even sitting out for 15 minutes or so, which sucks from a bonus clearing point of view, but allows me to watch and take notes. All things being equal, Absolute is my least favorite of the places I frequent, but Poker Stars rarely offers bonuses and I hate the Party bonuses where you only have 7 days to clear them, since I can't guarantee that I'll get more than 200 hands in on any given week.

As far as my stats go, they are nothing special: 19/10, 2.75 PFA. Against the rocks, I try to be aggressive with blind steals and semi-bluffs, and if I have position on a LAG or fish, I try to isolate whenever possible.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM

3-tabling 3/6 6-max at absolute only playing for reload bonus i make about $16/hr.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM

Most bonuses these days are the equivelant of like 50-70% rakeback it seems (at least for .5/1 up to like 3/6). I would check out bonuswhores.com that is usually pretty accurate prediction of $/hr/table for whatever limit and game you play.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Ya, it depends on limit and how many tables you can play at once. 8-tabling 1/2 6max on party, you can clear 1000 hands in 3 hours, so $33/hr. 8-tabling .5/1 10 handed games takes 4 hours so $25/hr. + tips, or - tips as the case may be..

As said, bonuswhores.com has excellent breakdowns, and it's a good place to hear about what's out there to clear, like the party goofup last week.