Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Ladies of OOT, answer me this, please.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You disagree that a lot of women use success, power and money as filters? Or, you just don't think that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the statement that I was disagreeing with didn't use the qualifier "a lot" - just more of a general "Girls use these factors..." So, I was really disagreeing just for myself as an example of a girl who doesn't use those factors. But, that's the problem with generalizations - of course there are exceptions. In my peer group, I would venture to guess that I'm more the norm (using looks/personality) than the exception (using money/success/power) - but I'm sure that there are "a lot" of girls who use all of the above.

I also think that subconsciously we all (men & woman) associate certain things (like success, money, power, what have you) with attractiveness. So, maybe I am more attracted to men with money and I don't know it - but taking a look at my history, I would guess that that isn't the case. Whether it is or isn't for "a lot" of woman is really tough to say, especially as I'm not in their heads and can only view them from what I see/they tell me.

Also, success/power is definitely not mutually exclusive with personality - the two can go hand in hand.

Overall, given that the OP said that he thinks most guys overestimate the value of their car, I agree with this.