Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Exotic Pet Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lady that lived by a friend of mine used to walk her llama's pretty often in the summer, I thought that was awesome. I seem to remember him saying something about them spitting on people though?

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to college next to a llama farm, and our mascot was the llamas

they do spit

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up by a llama farm, sometimes they would put some of the llamas in the field behind our house. The field usually had other animals like sheep and horses in it. There was this one llama that would chase down the sheep and then have sex with them. Quite entertaining really
Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lady that lived by a friend of mine used to walk her llama's pretty often in the summer, I thought that was awesome. I seem to remember him saying something about them spitting on people though?

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to college next to a llama farm, and our mascot was the llamas

they do spit

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up by a llama farm, sometimes they would put some of the llamas in the field behind our house. The field usually had other animals like sheep and horses in it. There was this one llama that would chase down the sheep and then have sex with them. Quite entertaining really

[/ QUOTE ]
That's hot.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew a girl who had a pet skunk. She said it was the best pet she could ever imagine, although even when descented it was slightly smelly, just cause of its natural body odor.

They took it away from her when she got caught crossing the border with 10,000 pills of ecstacy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was her name Jimmy Buffet?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

great horned owl - also easily imprinted. There's a good story that goes with this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, so now that I think about it, it's not that interesting.

I can't remember how we got him, but he was still young - still an adolescent. We named him Alex. (Alex the Great... yeah, my parents are witty.)

Anyway, we had Alex for a few months, and he came to know my Mom's voice pretty well - she was the one feeding him, so she became "mom". When it came time to release him, somehow it was decided that he should be released in the local state park. This turned out to be a bad idea, as there were lots of people around, and here's this great-horned owl who's imprinted on human voices.

So a couple weeks later, Mom started wondering how Alex was doing, and we decided to go down to where we released him to call for him. Mom starts calling "Aaaaaallleeeeeex", and a couple minutes later we hear this "eeeEEEEEPPPP, eeeeEEEEEEEEpppp", and here comes a HUGE great-horned owl flying down from the hill. Of course, he comes looking for food, and we have none. We just wanted to check in.

Mom freaks out and sends me and a friend to hide in a shed, and Dad goes to the park office to get a dead gopher or something for the owl to eat. (They had a couple snakes for display, and always had something dead in the freezer.)

In the end, Alex got his gopher and I got a story that sounded much cooler in my head until I typed it out.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 PM

LEMURS

Old 10-11-2006, 02:32 AM

OMG I want one!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:20 AM

numeri, any story where a giant owl arrives on command is not a bad story.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 AM

Oh yeah I've wanted a Capybara since I read Capyboppy by Bill Peet. Must have been 16 years ago that I read that book and I've wanted of these damn things ever since.

That's the size of a large dog and it's a rodent, if you don't know.