Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: PS3 Preordering

[ QUOTE ]
obv ps3 is the best next-gen console. why waste money on any other gimmick crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I can't see any difference either.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM

LOL @ Sony fanboys. I love the PS2 as much as anyone, but Sony has so totally [censored] this up that the PS3 may not recover. I've already got a 360, and I plan to buy a Wii when they hit---and I'll still have invested less than if I bought one PS3.

That, combined with the fact that GTA4 will launch on all platforms simultaneously make the 360/Wii a lot more appealing to me. And, the 360 kicks ass.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM

all ps3 pre-orders are obviously done around my area....so it's either camp out and get a few or go with 360
Old 10-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Do you have to pay in full to reserve one???
Old 10-10-2006, 12:36 PM

It's disappointing to find out that are actually a few people in the world clueless enough to think buying a PS3 is a good idea because it means that the system will be merely a moderately large and embarassing disaster for Sony rather than a complete and total disaster, and I was really hoping to see the latter.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Instead of spending hundreds on a new game system which may suck, I instead preordered Final Fantasy XII for PS2, yesterday. Nummy.

Ray
Old 10-10-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's disappointing to find out that are actually a few people in the world clueless enough to think buying a PS3 is a good idea because it means that the system will be merely a moderately large and embarassing disaster for Sony rather than a complete and total disaster, and I was really hoping to see the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither was or is going to happen. I have no doubts that due to sonys f ups this will sell less then PS2, however Sony now has a huge installed base, and people who believe PS3 will be the end all. I expect huge ammounts of PS3 to still be sold, but this may be the generation another company takes the top.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:19 PM

[censored], I can't believe I missed this. Was this the only opportunity there will be to preorder from Gamestop and EB?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you know this because? I'm not saying any of the 3 systems will be a killer success, but how do you know the PS3 will utterly fail? Wasn't the XBOX also supposed to fail. But it's done decently well atleast in the US market. You do realize that Sony Consoles own the Japanese market which happens to be the 2nd biggest market if you don't include all of Europe as another market. If PS3 isn't a blockbuster success, then so be it. I'm betting you there will be a lot of people who still buy it. And those with HDTV will love that the Blu Ray is significantly cheaper on the PS3 than by itself. Yes the 360 will have HD-DVD capabilities, but if you include that in the price, it's almost as much as the PS3. It's true with the PS3 you won't be able to choose, but if you buy the "low-end" PS3, it has Blu Ray capabilties and only a 500 MSRP which is 500 lower than the currently low end model (there are slightly cheaper versions for computers but they are also expensive). Yes the niche for HDTV/Blu Ray/HD-DVD is smaller than the rest of the market but if they can carve it out, and grow from there the prices will fall and the games will be good. The playstation consoles have had some of the better system only games.

I'm not worried about Sony and PS3 at all. If they fail then so be it. You Wii fan boys are getting quite annoying with the other system bashing. Does it really have a purpose? All 3 systems will be pretty solid, let's see who wins.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored], I can't believe I missed this. Was this the only opportunity there will be to preorder from Gamestop and EB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Today from 10am to Noon.