Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Three bad folds

Succeded to fold three hands that ended up to be best in just half an hour. Think I need some help here. Guess I play too weak-tight.

Hand #1

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

<font color="green"> \Thought button must have at least a ten and I have to overcall BB. Too weak? </font>

Hand #2
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB folds, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

<font color="green"> \Was afraid of a bigger king here. But is the pot to big to fold? Checked with the intension of CR a late bettor. But a bettor and a raiser?</font>

Hand #3

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

<font color="green"> \Called with overcard, backdoor nut flushdraw and some kind of straightraw. </font>
Old 01-30-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Three bad folds

Hand 1, I'd fold PF, but if youre gonna play it, raise it. I'd call the flop since you have just about good odds to draw to the gutshot. Another heart on the turn is ok, i call 1 bet on the turn and fold the river unless I hit my flush, or a non-heart T.

Hand 2, bet the flop with top pair.

Hand 3, I'd bet the flop as a continuation of my PF raise, they can't know you don't have a K. I'd lead the turn if I didn't get raised, and probably check-call the river if noone is being aggressive.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:43 PM

Hand #1. You're getting 12.75:1 and closing the action. It's a much easier call than the first one (8.75:1 with someone left behind you to act). Leaving aside the question of whether you should call or not (you should), it doesn't make much sense to call the first bet and not the second...unless you have a read on what the Button's raise means that's better than 93% accurate (which you don't).

Hand #2. Easy fold, and I play it that way myself. You didn't check to check raise a late position bettor. You checked to better evaluate your hand strength based on the flop action. Some times that will lead you to check-raise a late position bettor. Some times it'll convince you that you're beaten. This is one of those times.

You have a marginal made hand that could easily already be second best. If you're behind, you likely have only 2 outs (the non-club 4s). If you're ahead, you are very easily outdrawn. Your best case is probably to split to pot with some other king. There is still the flop bettor left to act behind you, exposing you to a potential 3-bet or cap. Even though you're getting 9:1 pot odds, this is an easy fold.

Hand #3. By your estimation, you have about 4 outs on the flop. You're getting 11.5:1 odds, and you close the action. Good call.

With the J hitting, you probably still have about 4 outs. You're getting 8.25:1 odds this isn't quite enough to call, although if you hit you might pick up and extra bet on the river, and there's a chance you're actually in the lead now. This looks like a close decision between calling and folding.

PP
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM

Ok tnx for your views.

Hand #1: button had J8 and BB QJ.
Hand #2: Utg AdTd, MP3 two clubs but CO won the pot with QQ. Hand #3: MP2 had 99 and BB Jh9h.

Think itīs right that a continuation bet solves my problems in Hand #3. But I canīt bet the flop in Hand #2? Doesnīt protect it.