Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 AM

Default Message from partypoker

A new message that came up from partypoker today says that congress passed the law, then they give you an option to send a pre typed message to your rep. Here it is, looks to me like there are a few grammatical errors in it, but I am not an english teacher..

To Whom It May Concern

I am a voter, I am a poker player and I am mad.

Under your watch, Congress passed legislation that prohibits me from playing the great game of poker on the Internet. Legislation that impacts millions online poker players in the United States like me deserves more debate than a back-room deal. You have an opportunity to correct this injustice.

Poker is a great American game with deep roots in this country. Throughout history presidents, generals, Members of Congress, Supreme Court justices and average citizens have enjoyed poker with family and friends. Poker is what I like to do for entertainment, just like a round of golf or going to a movie.

Unlike other forms of gambling, poker is not a game of chance. It is a game where performance is merited and a community game where the "house" is not your competition. These are real and significant differences. Simply putting the word "Internet" in front of poker does not change the qualities of the game and it should not make the people who play it suspect.

I am urging you to support amending this new Internet gambling law so that it has an exemption for poker. Please note, that other forms of Internet gambling such as horseracing, lotteries and fantasy sports are already protected under this law. An exemption for poker is not unreasonable, it is good public policy and would help preserve and protect an American tradition.

I look forward to your support for a poker exemption.

Again, I am a voter, I am a poker player and I remember.

Faithfully,
Old 10-10-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Message from partypoker

Already a thread about it.
Closed Thread