Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 AM

Default We are ALL to blame!

There have been several posts here in the last few days regarding those that are trying to do something regarding the recent passage of IG legislation, and many posters complaining that it's "too late now", "a day late", "where were you before", BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

The fact of the matter is, WE ARE ALL TO BLAME!! What were each one of you doing prior to this bill passing? How many times did each one of you visit this forum prior to July?

Well, I can answer for myself. I've been a member of 2+2 for almost 3 years, and before a several weeks ago, I may have visited this forum ONCE! I'm sure I'm not alone. The evening this bill was slipped into the port security bill, someone mentioned on here there were 1000 members viewing this forum, and they have never seem the forum so busy before. Prior to that, how many visits or posts per day? Not too many, I would imagine.

Many of us were asking Mr. K to explain to us HOW A BILL IS PASSED THROUGH CONGRESS!! Something every 5th GRADER should know!!! And it wasn't until several weeks ago that we all started writing and calling our senators because suddenly the passage of this bill was FOR REAL!

The fact of the matter is, we should ALL be ashamed at how little and how late we were to do something. Now everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else and saying they should have done something sooner, it's too late, where were you when we needed you?

Well, yes, WE ALL should have done something sooner! But we didn't! But does that mean now we just lay down now and say "it is too late. Should have done something sooner. Why bother now?"

Or do we move on from here and try to get something done? Yes, the fight is going to be MUCH harder now, but pointing fingers is getting us nowhere.

Do I have any answers or any solutions? No, I don't. I'm just the average poker player who wishes "someone" had done something. I am just as mad at myself as I am at the elusive "someone".

I'm not going to whine on these boards because I know I am just as much to blame as anyone else! And each one of us needs to accept some of the blame for our own inactivity! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Jan
Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Re: We are ALL to blame!

This belongs in the rant thread.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 AM

Thanks for adding substance to this topic.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This belongs in the rant thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread