Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Where is $ the safest right now?

Is my money safer in neteller or sites that say players accounts are protected by certain foreign banks like Stars? I really dont want to draw attention from my bank by transferring 5k to my bank account in a one week period when I only had a couple hundred in there to start. I was thinking of keeping about 3K between neteller/stars/fulltilt/UB and transferring 1k (already 1K last week) to my bank using IGM until things pan out.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum im just a bit edgy and am not sure what to do with all the rumors afloat.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Where is $ the safest right now?

Your BANK!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 PM

I feel pretty good with my money in FTP. If anything goes bad I'm holding Madsen hostage.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 PM

Actually, even in your bank, it's subject to inflation while we keep printing money and increasing debt. Maybe buy some gold bullion.

As for the OP's question. I say your plan is as good as they come. If you can help, I'd reduce to just one site for the rest of the week though. And of course, if you're nervous and the money is a meaningful amount to you, there's no shame in pulling it all out. Remember, we're not gamblers here, we're poker players.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your BANK!

[/ QUOTE ]

A smart-sounding quick answer. But if you want to be safer then transfer your money to an account at a different bank from the one that receives your Neteller cashouts.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your BANK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?!?! If you read thoroughly you would have seen that i didnt want to raise any alarms from my bank when i only had a coupled hundred dollars in it and depositing 5K. Thanks to others for the advice.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your BANK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?!?! If you read thoroughly you would have seen that i didnt want to raise any alarms from my bank when i only had a coupled hundred dollars in it and depositing 5K. Thanks to others for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your feelings. But what 'alarms' are you talking about? 5K from Neteller, which any financial instution has already dealt with, will not create a big stir. The law doesn't prohibit transactions TO banks, and your bank most definitely is unthrilled about being put in a police position. They don't care, and they aren't going to 'red-flag' you.

That being said, do your research and keep whatever money you want to play poker with in whatever company seems to be safely protecting it.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:23 AM

Diversify. Personally I have money in Neteller, Stars, Absolute, WPEX, Paradise, UB, and Naked Poker (whoring) right now. I feel pretty safe about each of them, but much more so having it spread out.

I think there's very little risk of actually losing your balances. Worst case you get peremptorily cashed out by check, so it makes sense not to let one entity tie up the majority of your bankroll.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I have money in Neteller, Stars, Absolute, WPEX, Paradise, UB, and Naked Poker (whoring) right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice pun.