Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 06:27 PM

Default 4/8 Flop trips- how is my line?

4/8 live play Saturday night at Muckleshoot. Table is mostly loose passive with one LAG. I have had some success raising preflop and picking up pots on the turn with continuation bets.

I am UTG+1 with one fold to me and see K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I raise, get 1 caller. LAG makes it 3 bets, and the button caps. Blinds fold, and everyone else calls.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I am first to act. I bet out, trying to find out if AK is lurking somewhere. Should I slow down here and see if I can get some customers? Hope the LAG gets cute and raises, so I can checkraise him on the turn?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Re: 4/8 Flop trips- how is my line?

I like betting out the flop, but not because i wanna see if someone is holding AK. the check/call flop then check/raise turn line pretty much gives away your hand and gives your opponents a chance to fold. I like bet/3-betting the flop and betting the turn. If raised on the turn, I go into calldown mode.