Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 08:28 PM

Default 200NL(6m), flush draw vs weakness.

The call prf is very marginal, first I completed in the SB. The BB is 55/8 and the UTG limper is 45/5, they were both very passive postflop so I made the call even OOP this was too tempting (leak?).

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $125.30
UTG+1: $224.65
CO: $226.60
Button: $245.65
Hero: $182
BB: $392.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $6</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $25</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($70, 2 players)

BB was leading weak and folding a lot so I raised on the flop to push him out. UTG line is weird (mini raise/call ), I had no reads on him yet, my guess was that he could have a pp or SCs (a pair on the flop is likely). How do you play the turn?

Comments welcome on the prf action and flop. I raised on the flop because I felt I could take the pot down, now I am out of position and may not even get a free card if I check. That's why I don't usualy play that crap OOP and was not planning on raising the flop until they played it so weak.

If the action was different, lets say BB pots it instead and UTG calls what would you do on the flop? (I was just planning on calling getting close enough to the right odds).
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: 200NL(6m), flush draw vs weakness.

Pre-flop: I think you could have folded here although your call isn't awful with the read you have on the BB.
Flop: I think your raise is ok. You were pretty sure that you could get the BB to folp, but that mini-raise smells fishy.
Turn: On the turn in this case you have several options. If UTG Checks, I check behind to see if I make my flush. If UTG Bets I call, depending on the size of his bet.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:41 PM

Fold pre twice.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: On the turn in this case you have several options. If UTG Checks, I check behind to see if I make my flush. If UTG Bets I call, depending on the size of his bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem: I am first to act on the turn (I was SB).
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 PM

I think you might be better off calling and leading any non-A turn with a pot sized bet.