Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:27 PM

Default QQ on uncoordinated A-high board

$1-$2 NL at Flamingo ($100-$300 buy in).

It's about 1:30 a.m. PDT Saturday morning, and I've been at the table for about two hours and have a solid feel for the players.

Hero has ~$300 behind and is in middle position with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain w/ $500+ behind limps UtG, UtG+1 folds, hero raises to $10, CO-2 folds, CO-1 w/ ~$300 calls, CO w/ ~$200 calls, button folds, SB folds, BB w/ ~$100 calls, UtG calls.

Pot = $50.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UtG checks, hero bets $40, all fold to villain who (min) raises to $80. Hero calls.

Pot = $130

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets $25; hero calls

Pot = $180

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets $50; hero ?

Villain acted drunk, slurring words, talking loud, making lame jokes, etc., BUT he nursed the same Corona for the entire hour he was at the table to this point. He got a lot of calls early and showed down good (winning) hands.

I hate where I'm at in this hand, though, as other than my general read that he's pretending to be drunk, I don't know much about this hand specifically. This board is too uncoordinated to suspect a busted draw. The lame turn and river bets suggest weakness to me, however. Are these value bets on his part or bluffs?

EdD
Old 10-09-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: QQ on uncoordinated A-high board

I would probably muck to the flop c/r. It looks like he has a weak ace and he's betting lightly on the later streets afraid of being outkicked. I don't think you can get him off his hand by the river either.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM

Folding to the flop check/raise would be fine, IMO.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:18 PM

First, I'd raise a lot more preflop. In all the live games I've played in, the standard opening raise is much higher compared to online games. From my 1/2 live experience, a raise to about 15 or so seems right here preflop.

Honestly, 5 handed on this flop, I give up with QQ, I'm c/folding. Live players are never folding a bad ace here, and someone is guaranteed to have hit the Ace with 4 opponents in a raised pot.

After betting and getting check-raised, this is a very easy fold. The one in a million shot of you catching him in a bluff won't make up for the times he takes you to value town.