Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: My God the Chargers look good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anatta,

you are making yourself look like a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just jealous since I'm so smart and Rivers is the greatest! CHARGERS RULE RAIDERS SUCK GOOD NIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO WHOOOOO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

did you just bust out a hacksaw reference?

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT, LA MESA!!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did
I AM BLEEPING BRILLIANT!

CLAIRMONT...LAKESIDE. ESCONDIDO...
I WANNA TALK SPORTS WITH YOU!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did
I AM BLEEPING BRILLIANT!

CLAIRMONT...LAKESIDE. ESCONDIDO...
I WANNA TALK SPORTS WITH YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]
Poway in the house
Old 10-09-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rivers. The young man has "it". And the ball he throws has a Montana like "please catch me" quality. Crisp trigger. Pocket presence. Good chance for a Brady/Big Ben type first season.

Nice to see Jamal Williams get his props.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Marty would have showed some trust in him last week there's an excellent chance they're 4-0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. As happy as I was while watching last night, it simultaneously made me mad about last week all over again.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 AM

In this week's Bolts Brief we are going to profile me, anatta, since I have been so 100% spot on in my picks and analysis and you guys haven't been giving me enough credit.

1. In the OP, a month before the season, I said [ QUOTE ]
its 4:1 against them winning the division. Fair share is 1/4 or 3:1. Frankly, I will be suprised if they don't win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now its trading at worse than even money. Bleeping brilliant.

2. Then prior to the Titans game, I told you [ QUOTE ]
The Chargers are the type of team that will simply overwelm second tier teams like Raiders and Titans this week. Against the elite, the lack of coaching, pass protection, and still questionable secondary might be exposed

[/ QUOTE ] .

The Bolts proceeded to demolish and easily cover vs. Tennessee. The second part of my statement proved ominously prescient in the Bolts next game, v. Ravens where coaching did them in.

3. What exactly did I say prior to that game?

[ QUOTE ]
Chargers will go conservative v Ravens. Marty ball likely since he will not want to have Rivers hurt or have Ravens defense score when their offense will likely struggle to do much of anything. Low scoring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you guys must be rich by now. But did the greatness stop?

4, Last week I gave you this gem..."I like Denver at home this week," (that's the Monday night game fellas) [ QUOTE ]
I like Denver at home. Ravens D on field lot Sunday, now high altitude. Rat Shanahan much better coach than Marty S, bye week to prep, well rested, I got more

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannahan called that bomb on 1st-10 in the 4th up 6-3. Unlike Marty, who when faced with the same situation he just ran it 3 times and punted. Ravens D looked a little winded by then...anyhow nice call coach, he went for jugular and Donks covered.

I know a lot of you guys are saying, anatta, you're so bleeping brilliant. But wait, there's more. I took some mild crapola this week about my analysis of Philip Rivers. I said he threw a ball that has a "please catch me" quality. I dared to compare his passes to Montana. Well, prior to the draft we find at NFL.com...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/philip_rivers

Positives: Has a tall, linear build with adequate body thickness and good size for his position … Shows good arm strength and velocity … Smart athlete who makes proper judgments (rarely throws into traffic) … Has great poise and pocket presence; he will stand tall and deliver under pressure … Takes control in the huddle and is well-respected by his teammates … Displays above-average ball placement in the short-area passing game and throws a very catchable ball , knowing exactly when to zip the pigskin and when to show touch … Has a natural feel for when he needs to slide out of the pocket and avoid the pass rush … Always seems to be in sync with his receivers, doing an excellent job in timing his tosses and anticipating when to hit his targets in stride … Has a keen understanding of the offense, keeping his head on a swivel as he checks down the line … Vocal leader who works hard in the weight room and practices … Highly competitive type who is not afraid to "mix it up" when defenders get overaggressive … Has the body strength to fight off pressure and get free from the blitz … More comfortable in the short-to-intermediate passing game, displaying incredible accuracy … Not fast, but can buy time with his feet and maintains his accuracy throwing on the move (his precision allows him to squeeze the ball into tight areas) … Will need mechanical refinement, but much like Brett Favre, this kid is a flat-out winner

Its seems they agree with me about the catchable balls stuff. But considering that this is right out of college, I wish they would just please save the Brett Favre comparisons. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

49ers this week. No picks for you guys in any games for a while, you know, as punishiment.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:53 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:57 PM

Its so funny how that Chargers/49er game thread petered out in the second half. Its started out, Chargers D "overrated", Chargers D not living up to expectations. Then silence [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Guys, the Chargers scored TD's on their first four possessions. Their first punt was with 3 minutes left in the THIRD QUARTER. That first quarter was all Alex Smith, he's a good young QB. You can't really blame the defense for that. So they didn't come out with great intensity, I'll give you that. But given how the offense was performing, can you blame them? Then they pitched a shut out.

Rivers is so accuate he makes me want to cry. In fact, I think I'll cry right now. Sniff. Its so beautiful.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:05 PM

My God the Chargers look good!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 PM

I was hoping for a repeat of the Superbowl game, it was not to be
Old 10-15-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its so funny how that Chargers/49er game thread petered out in the second half. Its started out, Chargers D "overrated", Chargers D not living up to expectations. Then silence [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Guys, the Chargers scored TD's on their first four possessions. Their first punt was with 3 minutes left in the THIRD QUARTER. That first quarter was all Alex Smith, he's a good young QB. You can't really blame the defense for that. So they didn't come out with great intensity, I'll give you that. But given how the offense was performing, can you blame them? Then they pitched a shut out.

Rivers is so accuate he makes me want to cry. In fact, I think I'll cry right now. Sniff. Its so beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think that the second half vindicates the first? The chargers defense is overrated until people stop rating their front 7 at the same level or higher than the bears front 7.