Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Getting Pulled Over Intoxicated

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I would not refuse the chemical test bc here if someone refuses then they get strapped down and we force a blood draw and you still get the one year suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for responding. I'm pretty sure I was thinking of someone else, but maybe I'm just confused. More likely there's more than two of you in this forum...

Anyway, can't I just refuse everything at the time and not have to deal with being strapped down etc.? Sort of a nolo contendere to the whole process?

Don't get me wrong, I'm well past the time (at least ten years) when I regularly drove blotto, but about ten years ago a good friend who drove a stick shift rolled back into a cop car while trying to park at an after hours club. He took his year off (I think he actually honored it, which I probably would not) and said it was a great decision. Just trying to figure out my play if I get stupid again. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im 19, refused a breathalyzer and apparently failed a FST. Im pretty sure I dont have much of a case.

[/ QUOTE ]

and so at 19 you're a legal expert. WTF. At least consult a lawyer. You failed a FST..meaning the officer's observations are the only evidence against as you did not take a chemical test...hardly an airtight case..

[/ QUOTE ]

19 year olds are experts on everything. Don't waste your time giving them advice.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:09 AM

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/drive/a/aa082797.htm

Not claiming to be an expert. I have friends that have gone through this same thing. The ones that have hired lawyers have just regretted doing so cause there really isnt much they can do, and they sure as hell arent cheap.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now, I would not refuse the chemical test bc here if someone refuses then they get strapped down and we force a blood draw and you still get the one year suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for responding. I'm pretty sure I was thinking of someone else, but maybe I'm just confused. More likely there's more than two of you in this forum...

Anyway, can't I just refuse everything at the time and not have to deal with being strapped down etc.? Sort of a nolo contendere to the whole process?

Don't get me wrong, I'm well past the time (at least ten years) when I regularly drove blotto, but about ten years ago a good friend who drove a stick shift rolled back into a cop car while trying to park at an after hours club. He took his year off (I think he actually honored it, which I probably would not) and said it was a great decision. Just trying to figure out my play if I get stupid again. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't speak for other states but in CA when you get ur driver's license its implied consent. And so I can use reasoanble force to take the evidence (ie strapped down and phlebotomist draws ur blood) w/o a warrant as the evidence (blood alcohol content) is likely to quickly disappear.

Now a particular agency might have a policy that only forces blood for felony cases or some such but I wouldn't count on it. However, I guess you could initially refuse and see what the cop says. If he says he'll force it then i would consent. hard to say. Seriously driving drunk is so retarded. I've seen completely normally people's lives effed bc they've driven drunk hit someone and seriously injured them--instant felony..
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 AM

I got pulled over when I was 19 and didnt even attempt to "pawn" tests. Porky kindly asked me to step out of vehicle and I put hands behind my back and told him to take me away. I blew a .22 or something.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got pulled over when I was 19 and didnt even attempt to "pawn" tests. Porky kindly asked me to step out of vehicle and I put hands behind my back and told him to take me away. I blew a .22 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it, why would you blow if you are drunk?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:05 AM

Um, he blew a .22, he probably didn't know what the hell was happening.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, we have breathalyzers, you dont have to take it.. but if you dont take it, you automatically lose your license for a year I think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

not automatically. you have the opportunity to fight the ruling in court before you lose it.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 AM

you CAN and should in most cases refuese ALL FORMS OF SOBRIETY TESTS.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
more stories!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, about 10 years ago my ex and her best friend were driving back from a club in DC. The friend was driving, and was sober...she was in AA even though she was only 20. Some blotto sorority chick went through an extreme yellow doing 60 on one of those blind intersections on 13th street and T-boned them. My ex was in the hospital for a while, her friend died immediately. The sorority chick did no jail time. You guys will be A-OK!

Not that I haven't done it, even since then...but please just don't drive drunk.