Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 02:15 AM

Default PokerStars QQ 3/6 limit Multiway

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Hand Information:
* Villians are sadly unknown. Though in the few hands I had played with them none striked me as a maniac or extremely loose. So I played assuming they were average players.

* On the flop im putting villian on a flopped set, 2 pair hand or went alittle overboard with TpTk, pretty hard to really get any read on his hand he had very big pot odds coming into this pot since he got to close the action after I raised preflop.

* The flop and river play both looked ok when looking over this hand my main concern was on the turn, villian capped me on the flop checks the turn, here I am looking at betting and getting check raised or giving free cards that could outdraw me if I am ahead.

* I have had a pretty bad run of cards the past few days and this hand and few others were bothering me so I wanted to see what leaks and clues I might should have picked up on.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Re: PokerStars QQ 3/6 limit Multiway

I think he had 33. 77 or 46 are reasonably possible too, it matches all the play throughout the hand. Some morons would play 88 ---&gt; TT in that way too but if he wasn't a maniac then it is unlikely. He would have raised PF in front of you with JJ ---&gt; AA I think.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:34 AM

I think you played well preflop.

I think you played well at the flop.

I think you should have bet that turn after SB checked to you. When he raises you, you do appear to be in trouble. However, the pot is far too big IMO to lay down against the single unknown or even average player. I'd call down unless I hit my queen on the river.

NH as far as I can see.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:49 AM

I regularly play on 3/6 stars, often on every available table at the same time. I check behind the turn, but given that you didn't, fold to the raise.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 AM

Maybe he had A5 of hearts, makes sense as well. I'd probably have played it the same way... though I'd like to check the turn behind. But if he was just getting crazy on some straight (+) flush draw (eg. 8h6h) that'd be horrible.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check behind the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind explaining the theory behind this?
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check behind the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at these levels when a villain puts in the last raise then checks, it's a pretty sure sign he will checkraise you.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check behind the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At stars 3/6 the cap/check almost always means either his 2pair got counterfeited, or he has 77/55. We have to fold to a c/r, but checking behind lets us river a Q once in awhile and we're spending a bet either way (since check behind/folding is awful) so might as well take the route that lets us river the best hand sometimes. We are not that concerned about free cards because the board is paired and he is unlikely to have AK. If he has 73 he might be able to fold the turn, but is probably donking or calling the river if we check. Actually I expect him to donk the river almost regardless of what he has.

Interestingly I presented a similar problem in this thread where my eventual conclusion was to bet/fold the turn. But there I think the key difference is that if I get c/r'ed by 77 in that hand, I am drawing totally dead (meaning I didn't need to see the river), so I may as well try to get called twice by the occasional KQ/KJ.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the reponse.

This makes sense. Good play.

Not that this cap/check/raise play is remotely exclusive to Stars players...However, isn't it fascinating that most players at a certain site can be relied upon to make a certain play? It doesn't seem likely, however, I think it is true of many sites.