Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 PM

Default How do you badasses play these badass pp\'s? (AA, QQ)

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (17SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (17.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.5BB

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.75BB
Old 10-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: How do you badasses play these badass pp\'s? (AA, QQ)

hint, one was a winner, one a loser
Old 10-07-2006, 07:44 PM

Do you have any reads on any of the players? Anyway, this is how this badass plays against unknowns:

First hand:

I think preflop is good.

Given that C/O capped preflop, I would have probably gone for a check-raise at the flop. Well, assuming of course I thought someone would bet the flop...I wouldn't have called the raise, I would have reraised. I don't think there is a reason to slowplay here.

Given that you didn't raise at the flop, I think I like the turn check-raise when the blank card falls.

I think betting and calling the river is standard.

Second hand:

I think you made an error preflop. I think you have to reraise here. I would try to get it heads up with the MP and to KO any overcards from the button, the blinds, and UTG. Cold-calling is a big mistake IMO.

At the flop, I think the raise is good. However, I think you played the hand far too passively. I don't think you should have gone into call-down mode at this stage.

I would have raised MP at least once more in this hand. As far as I can see, you're most likely leading the whole way.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:56 PM

nice reply

you were correct on the second hand, I was leading the whole way, won it

that hand came directly after the AA hand, which I was tilting from I guess. Villain had J6, and claimed it was his favorite hand pf, then ran into 2 pair
Old 10-07-2006, 08:02 PM

hand 1: I push that flop... I will check-cold call here against two opponents approximately 0% of the time... played as is with the lead check, I 3-bet here....

given the way you played the flop... I could go either way between a donk out or check-raise... hard for me to say as I would have established myself differently on flop...

river is fine given the way you played it... can't get away at this point in this pot even with a strong read...

hand 2: 3-bet that pre-flop... this is just asking for trouble/earning you less money...

your pre-flop play made it difficult to know exactly where you are at here... as played i think it's okay from the flop on...

occasionally I'll mix in a raise/fold on the river there...
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hint, one was a winner, one a loser

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they were both loosers...as in the way you played them.

Don't slow play the flop on the first hand and raise PF on the second.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:48 PM

Hand 1 I would just 3bet the flop but I don't think the way you played it is a significant mistake if you think the turn will usually be bet. The pot is big enough that it's worth it to protect on a safe turn. River I'm guessing you ran into KJ but it's an easy crying call.

Hand 2 3bet preflop, postflop good.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:26 PM

You guys really think the second hand was good postflop?

Why wouldn't you throw at least another raise in somewhere? I would definately raise the turn. Particularly as played preflop. The villain has no idea of the legitimate strength of the hand.

QQ seems too strong to go into WA/WB mode for the whole hand. I think he would call our raise with less.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really think the second hand was good postflop?

Why wouldn't you throw at least another raise in somewhere? I would definately raise the turn. Particularly as played preflop. The villain has no idea of the legitimate strength of the hand.

QQ seems too strong to go into WA/WB mode for the whole hand. I think he would call our raise with less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right. Refer to my original post. I just didn't feel like commenting because I am slam hammered and can't type.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 AM

yeah, I should've played hand two harder, I was just tilting a little from hand one, looking for suckouts on me. cost myself $$ on hand 2

went on to play a lot more aggressive, and lost with KK 3 straight hands, losing to AJ, 92os, 10 10, losing all three on turn or river

so finally when I started going really hard at pots, I lost my buyin

I hate poker right now