Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 06:39 AM

Default CFB week 6 - Teaser Pleaser +++plus!

Well here it is, I have explained my system in previous posts, so check them out if interested. I am not going to brag about last week, the results speak for themselves, and also because I believe in "what have you done lately".
I actually have a 6 team, 6 point teaser play and seven positions ATS this week. Ambitious, I know. But consider the fact that the teaser is simply a play to take advantage of an exceptionally well capped week(and some luck). The ATS positions are always the bread and butter.

Analysis follows for those interested:

Teaser(6pt) : Alabama, Michigan, West Virginia, UAB, Houston, Air Force-(.5 unit)

ATS:
Wisconsin -21 (1 unit)
Alabama -29 (1 unit)
Houston -17 (2 units)
Virginia +6 (1 unit)
Texas A&M -1.5(3 units)
BYU -28 (2 units)
West Virg. -21 (1 unit)

Wisconsin- NW has serious QB issues. Wisc. showed an unusual side last week, a passing game. I look for them to continue the experiment against a very poor NW secondary that gave up 233 to Penn St.(do they pass??) Wisc. has shown that they have no problem running it up when poss.

Bama- Tide will take this chance to show the home field fans that they can light it up. To cover however, they will need to hold Duke in the single digits. Bama opponents are averaging 17pts per game against them, Duke is not even close to average(calling them 'bad' may even be giving them too much credit).

Houston- What can I say about this team. I sang the praises of their offense in another thread last week. But it was a team effort that almost came out of miami with a W. Prior to last week, they were averaging over 30 pts per game. They have a senior backfield (QB,RB) and will look to impress the home crowd. Lafayette has put up some pts and that is the only reason I can see for this line. But I suggest you reveiw the caliber of the opponents they did it against. I like the home team here.

Virginia- This is my only dog this week. That usually concerns me as I hate to chase all the favorites. But I have to stay true to my system. I think the National TV game against Gtech was misleading for Virg. The score was indicative of giving up the big plays. Their Defense will prove stingy against East Carolina. I think that their freshman QB also got a much needed confidence boost after last weeks shutout win. I look for them to ride that momentum to an upset victory.

Texas A&M- Obviously (3 units)I feel strongly about this game. I see guys all the time picking the big games to make a POTW. But I tend to stay away from the highly emotion laden games. Texas A&M is strangely a better team over the years following a tough loss. Somebody better check those Kansas wins: S.Florida, UL Monroe, NW State(???). Two of those teams have a negative power rating. Yes, you can actually have a power rating less than 0, go figure(no,literally crunch the numbers). Only S.Florida has a positive power rating at 25.643, steller....NOT!! This is a two point game because Kansas pulled the Notre Dame comeback on Nebraska, who obviously didn't watch Michigan state give pull defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm betting A&M will not make that mistake.

BYU- Is SDST a Div1 program??? Not this year. The thing here is BYU lost this game last year 31-10. Do you think that is lost on this years team. This game in in Provo and SDST coach suspended players for a fight last week. They lost to SJST by thinking....thinking....a lot!!! The points bother me, but BYU has shown a propensity to put up big numbers against poor teams at home.

West Virg- Don't be decieved by the Miss. St. run defense numbers. Teams have been so successful in the air against them that they never resorted to grinding out runs. This is just a very poor SEC secondary. WV will look to make a showing on this very rare trip to the south.

Thanks for the Look
Good Luck!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: CFB week 6 - Teaser Pleaser +++plus!

A&M BABY !!!The big payoff. Obviously closer than I anticipated, but you cant account for field position. So far 2-0 on the day.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:17 PM

So far 4-0 (+7 units), considering adding a late game. Crunching info on Vandy and also Fresno State. Anybody like either of those two??
Old 10-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Correction, not Vandy, Boise St.- the points concern me but they are at home (where they do not seem to consider the feelings of fledgling teams). LaTech also has one of the worst power ratings in the nation at 1.786
Some teams appear to have a ceiling when it comes to blowout wins, but the Boise house seems to have a retractable roof. Any input is highly appreciated
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 PM

Thanks for all the help on the Boise state pick. On for 2 units, so far-so good. Taking the half time break to do a little analysis.
The late games look like they are going to put a dent in my day. Houston went up by 21 and sat on their laurels. They will prob. win, but obviously need to learn how to stick that daggar in (note for future ref.). Virginia and Alabama were just bad picks. Not really enough on E.Carolina to like that Virginia game. I should have went with Wake or Miami, I had the right numbers on those games but I did not want to wager more than 10 units total this week ($1000). It is always the games you lay off that seem to slap you in the face.

Today was kinda like getting beat on the river, but not for your whole stack.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 AM

Default summary

CFB Week 6:

5-3 ATS (+5 units)
lost teaser (-.5 units)

4.5 units net gain, not too shabby
Old 10-08-2006, 01:06 AM

Default YTD numbers

I started posting here in week 4, so these numbers only reflect verifiable info in past threads.

15-8 YTD, +15 units

This is as good of a return as anybody who posts here yet I cannot seem to get any feedback. I would have loved to have an opinion or two on the Boise game this week or the UCLA game last week. I asked for takes on those games because I could not find much in the other threads. I thought that was part of the point in posting here. It seems like I am posting as a diary or something. I did not intend to use this thread as a brag, I was hoping to get a little exchange of info. Oh well, it has been fun. I do not think that I will post next week. I watch a ridiculous amount of college football (only college football) and will continue to make plays, I just don't see the benefit of posting them here.