Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Article by Bill Frist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hurts families...

I could really lose it with this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if people in the red states actually fall for this BS//

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh...they wouldn't be red if they didn't
Old 10-07-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, great article. He basically [censored] all the millions of poker players and gamblers to look good for the religous right. He basically says so right here. Awesome, totally awesome. normally after reading that I would like to throw up. This just made me chuckle. One person can basically scold all of us consenting adults........... Father frist. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ashcroft is another one. He stays awake at nights because he knows that someone, somewhere, is having fun and he can't stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, ain't that the truth! The guy who wanted the partially nude statues in the Great Hall of the Justice Department concealed with drapes. Thankfully, he is no longer AG....enforcing the new Igaming legislation would make him waaayy too happy.

The worst part is he is from the city where I live (and no, I never voted for him for anything. Guess I can take some satisfaction from that.)
Old 10-07-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My response is: Religion is bad for families. Family members spend countless hours praying, which has no impact on anything, when they could be spending time with their families. Who can tell me the exact odds of a certain prayer being answered? No one. But who can tell me the exact odds of me hitting my nut flush on the river? Everyone on this forum.

In addition, more money has been poured into religion then ever will be lost or won playing poker. For what? To fuel intolerance, highlight our differences and buy land.

No one is making an argument to ban religion, because we allegedly have a free country. But since when is it the role of law to preserve or protect families?

I just woke up and had to rant after reading this, sorry it's OT.

[/ QUOTE ]
vn.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:19 PM

From the article:

[ QUOTE ]

Some of you may know I am running for President in 2008. In lieu of campaign donations, please send me your cat. Our campaign can make special use of felines

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else think this was over the top?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Mother [censored] piece of [censored]. I [censored] hate this guy. Christ. Democracy, my ass. Online gambling is wrong because a bunch of bible thumping [censored] from Tennessee say it is? [censored]. I'm going to explode with anger. I hate America. Is Holland really closing it's borders?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:28 PM

Our problem is we haven't clearly identified republicans' weaknesses and exploited them.

All of us are writing our reps and senators as adult males. They don't care about adult males, they don't want pictures of us, we can't influence them. What we need to start doing is pose as underage boys who think being able to gamble online is a turn-on. Possibly, we can get dateline involved. I put the o/u at 6 republicans.

"Hello Senator Frist, I am Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC, go ahead and have a seat over there..."
Old 10-07-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My response is: Religion is bad for families. Family members spend countless hours praying, which has no impact on anything, when they could be spending time with their families. Who can tell me the exact odds of a certain prayer being answered? No one. But who can tell me the exact odds of me hitting my nut flush on the river? Everyone on this forum.

In addition, more money has been poured into religion then ever will be lost or won playing poker. For what? To fuel intolerance, highlight our differences and buy land.

No one is making an argument to ban religion, because we allegedly have a free country. But since when is it the role of law to preserve or protect families?

I just woke up and had to rant after reading this, sorry it's OT.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't apologize. It's brilliant

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Mr. Conservative himself, Barry Goldwater, said the Religious Right has NO place in politics.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, great article. He basically [censored] all the millions of poker players and gamblers to look good for the religous right. He basically says so right here. Awesome, totally awesome. normally after reading that I would like to throw up. This just made me chuckle. One person can basically scold all of us consenting adults........... Father frist. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ashcroft is another one. He stays awake at nights because he knows that someone, somewhere, is having fun and he can't stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, ain't that the truth! The guy who wanted the partially nude statues in the Great Hall of the Justice Department concealed with drapes. Thankfully, he is no longer AG....enforcing the new Igaming legislation would make him waaayy too happy.

The worst part is he is from the city where I live (and no, I never voted for him for anything. Guess I can take some satisfaction from that.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I still chuckle knowing Ashcroft lost a Senate election to a dead guy.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe someday we can get a leader of congress that is a gambling, party animal that can ram through his legislation for us normal fun loving people when he decides to run for the presidency........ Then he can write an article in Cardplayer......... It was brought to my attention Americans are not allowed to have fun any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

we had a normal guy who was president, name of Bill Clinton. They thrashed him good.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:49 PM

When anyone mentions Ashcroft, this is almost all I can think of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riKGGWFqnH8