Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Email Poke Tournament: A 1 orbit challenge for bragging rights

half the players will have no chance to win b/c of the hands they'll get.

while its for fun, the play will of course not be solid, it will attempt to win the game (e.g. if you didn't win any of the first 9 hands, the only possible strat on the last hand is to pump the pot and hope to take it down). the winner might be the person who takes the last hand down as it may be far larger than the prior 9. ever see blackjack tourney's.. i'm predicting a similar result if "second place" is as bad as last place. tight early (maybe one or two decide to steal like mad), then absolutely gonzo play for 9 and 10.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Thanks for giving away my strat.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for giving away my strat.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, just playing game theory.

if their were 10 of me playing, the last pot would probably be 70 BB's with about four players going busto after five or six hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

added:
actually what will be interesting is the leader going into the 10th hand will be in a *huge* bind. without a substantial (20 BB+) lead, the winner of the last hand is assured to pass him since there will be an implicit collusion effect among the other players to ensure the pot is large enough for the 10th hand winner to pass the leader.. even Q-high will be praying to take down a 5-way hand. the leader will be stuck getting involved.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:54 AM

We have enough for a tournament at the moment with room for 1 more player who can be added to the table in seat position 9. If that position is not filled by 3am et Saturday this will be closed. If you wish to sign up afterwards and there are another 9 or ten participants, I will start another one. Hopefully we can get 9 more before then end of next week. (Please give it a shot guys I think you will be pleasantly surprised)

The top 3 winners in each round will take 15 bb to a 6 max table for a two orbit showdown. (If we have only one full table then top six advance to next round)

The top 2 winners of the 6 max showdown will advance to a Heads Up challenge played according to Microhula rules(I have no idea how those logistics work out but I know one of you does at least).

(Assuming we get 9 or ten more respondents by the end of the next week)

I will start a new thread with the lineups and pm the players with my email address and start the clock for first responses(if you are a UTG at a table to be in by Monday at Midnight ET) At 3 am on Saturday I will send out the table selections, and starting 5 hands to the nine already signed up plus first volunteer.

Good luck to all in The 2006 MLET (Micro Limit Email Tournament).

After each round I will select one table with one person's hand (my choice) to be posted as a playalong for all those not playing. When the playalong is finished, (one day per street) I will post all the player notes I received on player thoughts for the hands in the round and each round players will receive points for best strategy notes submitted as voted on by fellow 2+2ers.

At then end of the first orbit. Best strategist will be awarded to the poster with the most points.

Any questions or comments please feel free to post them here. This is an experiment and its up to the participants to make this work.

I hope everyone plays their best and I think with this setup of multiple tiers, there will be less game theory strategy involved and more solid play.

Remember you must play at least one hand with the intent of seeing the flop for each round. (We are trying to simulate a loose table setting here) You are allowed two all-ins for the tournament in the event you do not submit a hand within 24 hours.

In the event of wanting out for reasonable excuse of circumstances or hitting your 2 all-in and missing a third entry a surrogate hopefully can be chosen to replace you.

If no surrogate can be selected, you will be dropped from the table.

Each participant will get the play in order as I get them and each participant can post to me their thoughts on that action before their next own personal action or before the showdown occurs(if they are not in the hand anymore).

Sorry for the jumbleness of it all... I will post the complete rules and layout in a new thread when the tourney starts.

Any comments, suggestions, or other such points of interest please put them in here.

The respondants for the 5 tables(1 seat opening) are:

Str8fish
Aussiebattler
Bona
22pajo
Al_Money22
bravos1
Thrakkar
Stormy455
Guruman
Old 10-07-2006, 03:03 AM

Ok no volunteer for seat so this is a nine person group.

If we get 9 more volunteers by the end of next week I can set up another session where the top 3 finishers will battle the other groups top 3 in a 6 max round for 2 orbits.

PM if you are interested.

I will start a new thread with the table setup and send pm's to all the participants.

Please all UTG respond with your first move by Monday at Midnight et via email.

Thanks and good luck.