Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Live 15/30 AK

Live 15/30. Villain is moderately aggressive. Seems to be trying to push around some of the weak-tight players at the table.
I open raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Villain 3 bets in small blind. Big blind folds. I 4 bet (5 bet cap in vegas). He just calls.
I believe he knows that I could be open raising a little light in this situation. It gave me the impression that he could be defending a little more liberally.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
He check/calls.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
We both check.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](Final board: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
He checks. I bet.

Anyone bet the turn here? What about the river?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30 AK

It seems like you lose pretty much every time he calls here. Also, it doesn't seem like he'll drop a pp after the weakness you showed on the turn. As you have position, it might be fun to bet the turn, hopefully he doesn't raise, and you can check the river. That would be cool.

But no, I wouldn't bet the river.