Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 04:49 AM

Default Artichoke Joes

I was reading online they spread a $2k NL game MWF. Has anybody played it? How's the competition?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Artichoke Joes

I think the consensus is that it's a pretty beatable game. There are some 2+2 regulars in there (I've never played). Keep in mind that it's a 2k min buy-in, not cap.

Also, the palace in Hayward spreads a similar structured NL game without the min buyin restriction. I think it runs every day and kicks off at noon. This is a good game.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:26 PM

I've not played it either but it is populated by the same small group of players. The only guy I know by name is Shandor Szenkuti (I can't promise the spelling is correct) who was the victim of the most unfortunate suckout in the free world a couple of years ago at the WPT event at Bay 101.

I can't speak to the action at the NL table but the handful of players there who make their way over to the limit tables are generally action oriented.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM

This is a group of players who have played together for a long time. You will be assured tons of action and must be ready to put your chips in the pot if you are an unfamiliar face. You will get played with, especially at first. This game used to be at AJ's for years, then moved to Lucky Chances, and now is back at AJ's. I haven't gone up there to play it, but I probably will someday soon when I feel like seeing some old friends. The competition is quite tricky - even the live ones know how to play NL in certain situations, but there is a ton of money to be made. Also realize that there are a few of the best NL players around who are regulars in that game. One of them runs the game, and he's top-notch.