Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: TexasLimitKing and the 5-3 hand with JDags on FTP 1k/2k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was watching Alex play HU 500/1000 with David Oppenheim. The guy just calls damn near everything. He was calling all the way down with deuces. So in that rubric, this call seems to be more in line with his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if JDags or anyone is that irked about Alex's call in the 53 hand it just shows how bad of a read JDags has on Alex's style of play, and pretty easy to see how JDags got smoked by Alex.

[/ QUOTE ]

for somebody who can play so well at times, and who plays as big as jdags does, he sure can go nutso when hes tilting.. ive seen some pretty big blow ups from him.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 PM

im surprised that no one thinks he just was in call down mode and didnt really process that his hand had been totally counterfitted. it sounds iffy for someone as good as him to make that mistake but it certainly is the most likely scenario imo. another poster who certainly knows better got confused with the hand layed out right in front of him. he may claim it was a sick read but i bet it was just a simple mistake, i know ive made them before, and its not impossible to do when your playing multiple hu tables. i dont think i ever won when making a call like that but...
anyhow every other hand seems like nothing especially strange. call downs with A hi and small pairs are just not that odd in a heated hu session.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im surprised that no one thinks he just was in call down mode and didnt really process that his hand had been totally counterfitted. it sounds iffy for someone as good as him to make that mistake but it certainly is the most likely scenario imo. another poster who certainly knows better got confused with the hand layed out right in front of him. he may claim it was a sick read but i bet it was just a simple mistake, i know ive made them before, and its not impossible to do when your playing multiple hu tables. i dont think i ever won when making a call like that but...
anyhow every other hand seems like nothing especially strange. call downs with A hi and small pairs are just not that odd in a heated hu session.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that nobody realizes was when Alex was playing this match he was quite likely 30 hours into no sleep...
Old 10-02-2006, 08:17 PM

jomatty,

lots of people think that. The key to that hand is how long it took Alex to call. Unless he thought for a long time, no way in hell it was anything other than a misread.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:39 PM

Since you guys like speculating on that subject he called cause he had a VERY strong read of his opponent and not because he misread the board.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you guys like speculating on that subject he called cause he had a VERY strong read of his opponent and not because he misread the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

aka, dags was on full blown.

what i thought initially is that if dags had a hand with showdown value would he check to alex with hopes of inducing a bluff? b/c what else is alex going to bet/call with if he doesnt feel his lowly pair is good? this must have ran through alex's mind when dags bluffed the river.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:44 AM

all this talk of calling on purpose is hooey. doesn't matter how strong a read you have on the guy. give the guy ANY range and the call is wrong. he has the second nut low ffs. unless he can see the cards or misclicked there is just no explanation. dags simply does not have 23 often enough there to make the call correct, despite his having had it this time.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:56 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man likes to call:

Full Tilt Poker Game #1048826920: Table Harlin (heads up) - $1000/$2000 - Limit Hold'em - 1:32:16 ET - 2006/09/29
Seat 1: TexasLimitKing ($53,444)
Seat 2: Skywalker1709 ($72,473)
TexasLimitKing posts the small blind of $500
Skywalker1709 posts the big blind of $1,000
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
TexasLimitKing raises to $2,000
Skywalker1709 calls $1,000
*** FLOP *** [3h Jd 6d]
Skywalker1709 bets $1,000
TexasLimitKing calls $1,000
*** TURN *** [3h Jd 6d] [Qh]
Skywalker1709 bets $2,000
TexasLimitKing has 15 seconds left to act
TexasLimitKing calls $2,000
*** RIVER *** [3h Jd 6d Qh] [2d]
Skywalker1709 bets $2,000
TexasLimitKing calls $2,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Skywalker1709 shows [7c Kh] (King Queen high)
TexasLimitKing shows [3s Ah] (a pair of Threes)
TexasLimitKing wins the pot ($13,999.50) with a pair of Threes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $14,000 | Rake $0.50
Board: [3h Jd 6d Qh 2d]
Seat 1: TexasLimitKing (small blind) showed [3s Ah] and won ($13,999.50) with a pair of Threes
Seat 2: Skywalker1709 (big blind) showed [7c Kh] and lost with King Queen high

[/ QUOTE ]

this is increadibly standard.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a regular on FT this spring, we all lamented one night when Reztez beat up on him at 1/2 heads up, he was a major fish in that game. No idea where he got the roll to play this high.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all this talk of calling on purpose is hooey. doesn't matter how strong a read you have on the guy. give the guy ANY range and the call is wrong. he has the second nut low ffs. unless he can see the cards or misclicked there is just no explanation. dags simply does not have 23 often enough there to make the call correct, despite his having had it this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone really doubt that he was determined to call down with his 44 (not unreasonable) and didn't even see that the river card counterfeited his hand.

As for the talk about cheating, it's all nonsense. I respect JDag's game a lot, but I've heard him insinuate cheating in two other situations where I thought it was silly also.

That said, if he uses the excuse of cheating to quit a game in which he was playing poorly, then maybe that's one of the best things he can do.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:01 PM

I can't believe you guys. I sure as hell don't believe he's cheating. Think logically for a second...

1. If *you* could somehow cheat, would you play against the best players in the world, and create so much attention to yourself, or would you play the mid-stakes and remain nameless?

2. I've heard how ppl are cheating in counterstrike, or other online games, and ppl are comparing cheating to cheating in online poker. Online poker sites are making sooo much money, I'm sure they are doing their part to prevent any cheating at all. While collusion exists, there is no "hack" out there. Compared to other online video games, these companies have already sold their game, and they could care less if you cheat, or at least it's not as big a deal.

3. THe call with 44 is proof that he doesn't cheat. Logically, we're assuming that TLK is a smart guy. Wouldn't it make more sense to fold this hand so he wouldn't raise any suspicion at all? I mean IF he's cheating, he's not worried about making reads or milking an extra bet, he's just trying to play as if he's good, and "purposely" make mistakes here and there, and in the long run, he will rape everybody.

THe call with 44 is pretty much a misread or a misclick. Even the best players in the world can misread a board in the heat of the battle, and anybody can misclick.