Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Pearl River Resort?

I know Pearl River Resort in Choctaw, MS opened a new poker room in June. Has anyone here played at it? What games are they spreading? Which games seemed to have good action? Do they offer a poker room rate for accomodations?

Any information and recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Pearl River Resort?

I havent been since they changed over to the new room, but they ran 2/5, 5/10 nl, 3/6 holdem, and i think 10/20 or 5/10 Omaha. Possibly more but thats all that i remember from about 6 months ago. If you go later in the evening the 5/10 nl game seems to be really juicy, just about everyother hand somebody got stacked.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Pearl River Resort?

Some of the old nits don't like the new room because the free coffee and hotdogs are gone but I like it. It's in the Golden Moon across the street from the Star in what was the sports/snack bar. It's quite, less smoky and has more and better TVs.

My wife gets our rooms playing dice so I don’t know the poker rate but I know you need to call ahead due to limited weekend rooms. As the coast rebuilds I think this will get better. After Katrina the flood of players drove the rates up and most have gone back south.

The 5-10 NL is a $500 max and the action ranges from good to really good IMO (I play 1 or 2 weekends a month and IMO the action is every bit as good if not better than an average weekend at Tunica). I've never played the 5-10 NL but it's a 5k max it gets pretty wild.

I hear they start the 10-20-30 Omaha game most Friday mornings and it runs until the 5-10 game starts later in the day. I've only caught it maybe 3 times in the last few months and it is the best game I've ever seen. Example: BB puts the last preflop raise in with 279K rainbow then 3 bets a J22 flop.

They have a 3-6 full kill O8 game on Sunday mornings that fills up at 9am or so and breaks around 10 or 11pm.

You get a $10 comp every 5 or 6 hours you can use in any of the restaurants or order at the table. If you like to eat skip the buffet and hit one of the better restaurants (Phillip Ms)just not the one at the top of the moon.

Best of Luck