White 4 4.08%
Black 26 26.53%
Brown 38 38.78%
Pea Soup 23 23.47%
Other 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: STTF [censored] thread. October (NSFW)

[ QUOTE ]
The Antigua WTO case is key, because if the USA does not abide by the Antigua ruling, then the whole WTO could fall apart. Hint - that will not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. The US ignores trades rulings all the time. Why would this be any different? See Canada and Soft Wood Lumber.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Antigua WTO case is key, because if the USA does not abide by the Antigua ruling, then the whole WTO could fall apart. Hint - that will not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. The US ignores trades rulings all the time. Why would this be any different? See Canada and Soft Wood Lumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the USA moans, groans and stalls (i.e., politicians saving face) but always complies. The Canada case occurred after my international trade class, but I have no reason to suspect different here.

Also, isn't the softwood case NAFTA instead of WTO? it makes a bit of difference because the US is continually working to get other countries to abide by WTO rules.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the USA moans, groans and stalls (i.e., politicians saving face) but always complies. The Canada case occurred after my international trade class, but I have no reason to suspect different here.

Also, isn't the softwood case NAFTA instead of WTO? it makes a bit of difference because the US is continually working to get other countries to abide by WTO rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty accurate IMO, and the US will not just simply ignore WTO rulings/demands/what have you. banks are going to/have been applying tremendous pressure to the US treasury and fed. reserve, and they all, with the WTO, DO have a lot of say in this, and our fight is far from over.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought both NAFTA and the WTO found the US in violation of trade agreements.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM

Are we still super secret project active?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Live poker is rigged
6 hours of 1/2 NL cash - Never once AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT/AK/AQ
Best hands I saw all night AJ twice A9o twice 99 twice 55 once 22 twice.
Q4o 23428351057378 times

Big Stack LAG on my left, the guy to his right stayed the whole night so I couldn't move to his seat.

I just used my tight image to bluff a couple times to stay close to even.
-$60 meh
Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 PM

6 hours of live 1/2NL is what, like 150 hands?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 hours of live 1/2NL is what, like 150 hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct I know - you don't see near as many hands.

The table was extremely loose, a lot of straddle hands with raises in them, I did open up after I saw several hands that were raised PF, but still was probably only in a hand every other round at a full table.

Seems like it was more hands than that I didn't keep track, actually it was 8 hours 7PM- 3AM. meh - you expect to at least see Big Slick or AQ in there a couple times.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Big Stack LAG on my left, the guy to his right stayed the whole night so I couldn't move to his seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy to the right of the guy on your left would be staying as long as you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy to the right of the guy on your left would be staying as long as you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - oops the guy to the Big Stack LAG's left I should say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread