Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM

Default Re: CNN Video about ban

I live in Alabama and Bachus is a "fine upstanding man". Of course what he fails to mention is Dog and Horse racing is legal and taxable in his state and has been for 30 years. I wish this " fine man " had been there to save me from these ills some 25 years ago.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play...e.gambling.cnn

May have to click play.

Alabama poker players must be proud of their congressman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Alabama: this dude's a freakin idiot. I don't understand how you can make the comparison of drug dealing to card playing I mean he's saying there's no difference in being a crackhead and coach potatoe card player. What a f'ing idiot
Old 10-04-2006, 12:18 PM

The Senator not only lumps drug dealers and online gamblers together he states "There is a CORRELATION between drug dealers and online gambling."

Definition: CORRELATION: "Statistics. the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together."

So he is saying that online gamblers turn into drug dealers with a greater frequency than normal...?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I live in Alabama: this dude's a freakin idiot. I don't understand how you can make the comparison of drug dealing to card playing I mean he's saying there's no difference in being a crackhead and coach potatoe card player. What a f'ing idiot

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe its actually for the best if the most retarded statements by the most retarded senators are shown on tv. it just might serve to underline the total ridiculousness the whole affair and help when/if some kind of exemption for poker or whatnot is proposed.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I think about it, playing poker and dealing drugs are exactly the same thing... Thank you Senator [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

The jopke's on you, sir. There is merely a correlation between the two: as the number of drug dealers increases, the number of online gambling sites also increases.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 PM

dont forget about hookers either.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 PM

"There've been studies . . . "

Suddenly, the research conducted in elitist educational institutions is okay. Forget that "EVIL"-lution stuff, there's more important work being done that buttresses our arbitrarily-arrived at political beliefs.

"Addicted to gambling, just like addicted to drugs, so there is a corelation between drug dealers and gambling sites."

So addiction is addiction is addiction, and if you use drugs, you're dealing them, and if you play online poker you're addicted to gambling. Ergo, we are all drug users and dealers.

I cannot find sufficient words to express how much I despise this man and his party.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:05 PM

Hehe what a joke.

Heres another correlation for you;
" You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature."

http://www.seanbonner.com/blog/archives/001857.php