Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 AM

Default 100NL- Floped 2 pair...call this big push

ok first of all my question is not about pre flop but let me know if u think it is a fold pre flop anyway...ok...well basically do i call this...i havent seen this guy do anthing stupid yet...i didnt put him on a set coz i think he wouldnt just push like that with a set he might just raise and try and get a few calers...is this a call? might be a simple question

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($75.17)
MP ($139.26)
CO ($85.65)
Hero ($102.27)
SB ($21.60)
BB ($79.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($8.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5.33</font>, CO calls $83.65 (All-In), Hero calls $100.27 (All-In)????
Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: 100NL- Floped 2 pair...call this big push

Wow I miss read this hand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I fold PF but I dunno how you can lay this down to the flop push without a read.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 AM

I can't fold this. I don't mind the preflop call either.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 AM

Pre-flop is meh. Sometimes I'll call there, most times I'll fold.

Any reads on either player? Any idea if CO could be in there with a worse two pair? Will he ever play a draw (KQ, maybe) like this?

That push feels like it doesn't much want a call unless you have a read that he'll overbet his big made hands. Makes me wonder if he has a slowplayed overpair and is now scared.

I probably do the same thing you did and shove it in. I'm really not very happy with my hand at this point, though.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 AM

big push would usually = 89, 77 or TT maybe... but the pots so small! crap, you have a monster hand, but it has a lot of FE considering you only put 2.00 in.

If you have stats on the player it would help. I really dont see someone doing this with KQ QA AK... it could be JQ JK AJ... It's up to you... Big opportunity to stack someone, but it's an easy fold considering it you gotta put in 84.00 to make like 90.00 ... What did you decide to do?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
big push would usually = 89, 77 or TT maybe... but the pots so small! crap, you have a monster hand, but it has a lot of FE considering you only put 2.00 in.

If you have stats on the player it would help. I really dont see someone doing this with KQ QA AK... it could be JQ JK AJ... It's up to you... Big opportunity to stack someone, but it's an easy fold considering it you gotta put in 84.00 to make like 90.00 ... What did you decide to do?

[/ QUOTE ]
well i called and he had AT and the next two cards were a Q and a K ...sigh..oh well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM

I think it's a well-played hand.