Old 01-29-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Mil. Best Poker site down?

[ QUOTE ]
who are you emailing?

[/ QUOTE ]

poker@milbestlight.com
Old 01-29-2006, 06:29 PM

I qualified, emailed when I couldn't get in, and have yet to receive any response. I will be glad to sit around all night and wait for them to let me know what is going on. After all, I rearranged my entire weekend so I could play at 4 today.

It sounds like almost everyone who qualified belongs to two + two.

It also seems to me they screwed up on their promotion. The only place I heard about it was two + two. No TV or Internet ads, no signs at the liquor store, no nuttin.

BTW, have any of you been able to find the 24 oz. cans?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:33 PM

The only thing worse that could happen now is they will all give us coupons for 30 can cases of their beer.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:37 PM

I think this means no tourney today:

Hello,

We apologize to inform you that due to technical difficulties we were forced to postpone the "Week 3 Grand Prize Championship " tournament. Fortunately we plan to resume this tournament in the near future. You have received this email because you were still actively participating in this tournament at the time of the error. All players that were still competing at that time have been registered to continue playing once we resume the tournament. Please view the tournament details below and you will soon be notified about the tournament's restart date and time.

Tournament Details:
Original Date: January 29th 2006 at 04:00PM
Eliminated Players: 0
Remaining Players: 395
Starting Chip Amount: You will retain your chip amount from the original tournament.

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Sincerely,
Milwaukee's Best Light Customer Service
Old 01-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Looks like they've rescheduled it for next saturday (according to the site which is back up)...too bad I'll be in Pittsburgh for a superbowl party. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2006, 08:09 PM

I'm completely amazed that they are capable of holding the tournament right now and they choose to postponed it for one week. Why do they think next Saturday is a better time to hold the tourney than the original day it was scheduled?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:15 PM

Well, I look at it this way -- only 395 are eligible to register for the rescheduled tournament next Saturday. Of those 395, how many besides me will actually show? I know I arranged my Sunday around this tourney. I'm sure others did too. I suspect there will be a few who will be ticked off enough just to blow this one off. Others will not be able to make it due to other commitments. Maybe 300-350 show up. I like them odds.

Edited to add: the top 100 finishers recieve 300-piece chip sets. I wonder if someone finishes in the top 100 more than once if they will receive multiple chip sets? What if someone wins more than one tourney? Can he sell his second ME entry?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 PM

A few may pass (if they dring enough of The Beast they might just pass out!!!) but you have to look at this as about a $400 buy in tournament--based on the number of entrants and the value of the prize--I would be surprised to see less than 375 show up.

Judging by what I see here, most will either be 2+2ers or total fish--about all you had to do to get in the Sunday tournament was login every day (1000 points) answer a few questions on a dumb survey (500) and answer a simple question about MB (500). Anyone who did that every day would have been easily in with 14K--I think I had 11.900 myself.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few may pass (if they dring enough of The Beast they might just pass out!!!) but you have to look at this as about a $400 buy in tournament--based on the number of entrants and the value of the prize--I would be surprised to see less than 375 show up.

Judging by what I see here, most will either be 2+2ers or total fish--about all you had to do to get in the Sunday tournament was login every day (1000 points) answer a few questions on a dumb survey (500) and answer a simple question about MB (500). Anyone who did that every day would have been easily in with 14K--I think I had 11.900 myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I am missing something, your math is off here. $10,000 WSOP entry + 100*$40 Chip sets = $14,000, 14,000/500 = $28. Not quite $400...unless I'm missing something, of course.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 PM

They include a room for a week and $1000 cash (and I think maybe airfare) for the winner. And (for this Saturday) there will be no more than 395 players. And my math is off by a decimal point. I think I will have to double check before I decide to call the next time!!!