Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Kc 8d 3c
bet 28 63.64%
dont bet 16 36.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: I changed my political affiliation in the last 48 hours

Fact: EVEN IF EVERY DEMOCRATIC SENATOR VOTED AGAINST THE PORT SECURITY BILL WITH THE ANTI-WEB GAMBLING LEGISLATION ATTACHED, IT STILL WOULD HAVE PASSED BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS HAVE THE MAJORITY!!!

How hard is this for everyone to understand?

I personally called Lieberman's office last Friday (one of many senators I called). He sits on the port security committee. You know what his rep told me? That he didn't want anything attached to the port security bill, but there was literally nothing he or the democrats could do to prevent it. He told me to call Frist and Hassert, (whom I did call, lol), as they were the primary individuals getting the igaming legislation attached to the port security bill.

So lets say all the dems did vote against the bill. It still would have passed, and the republicans would have a ton of new ammunition with the elections coming up, as every democratic senator would face relentless attacks about how they voted against port security and are weak on terror. That's why they didn't vote against it.

This is all common sense, fellas. It's not very difficult to understand.

I KNOW IT'S EXTREMELY PAINFUL FOR ALL OF YOU HARDCORE REPUBLICANS TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH, THAT YOUR PARTY SCREWED OVER EVERY AMERICAN ONLINE PLAYER, BUT THAT'S REALITY.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THE REALITY THAT THE REPUBLICANS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS LEGISLATION, OR YOU CAN KEEP LYING TO YOURSELF, AND CONTINUE TO GO ABOUT LIVING IN AN ALTERED REALITY.

Finally, the republicans and democrats both suck. If you think either party is the nuts, you're nuts.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fact: EVEN IF EVERY DEMOCRATIC SENATOR VOTED AGAINST THE PORT SECURITY BILL WITH THE ANTI-WEB GAMBLING LEGISLATION ATTACHED, IT STILL WOULD HAVE PASSED BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS HAVE THE MAJORITY!!!

How hard is this for everyone to understand?

Finally, the republicans and democrats both suck. If you think either party is the nuts, you're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is responsible for each of the democratic votes that were in favor of passing the internet gambling ban when it was voted on in the house as stand alone legislation?

Why is it a good thing to have democrats voting to ban online gambling?

Do republicans have so much power that they actually control the votes of democrats? (if this is the case I may actually change back from libertarian to republican because they got some major go go juice if they control democtratic legislators).

If 100 democtrats in the house line up to screw you over and vote to screw you over but because of the rule of law the 'screwing' doesn't happen until the senate approves the screwing... and then someone backdoors you some other way and happens to be a republican.. how does that somehow change the fact that a bunch of democtrats were lining up to screw you (alongside a bunch of republicans)?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Democrats do indeed presently suck less than the GOP. If you still need convincing of that after the last 6 years, you are either mentally handicapped in some way, or are very young. I'm guessing young--I thought Ayn Rand was cool in high school when I read Atlas Shrugged, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the personal attacks.

The only reason the Democrats presently suck less is because they aren't in power.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is responsible for each of the democratic votes that were in favor of passing the internet gambling ban when it was voted on in the house as stand alone legislation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean versus the 200 aye, 17 nay votes from the republicans of course?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean versus the 200 aye, 17 nay votes from the republicans of course?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not have the ability to recognize and state that each and every democrat who voted for the stand alone legislation to ban internent gambling is solely responsible for their own vote and should be recognzied as the enemy?

I expected someone would respond by chastising the 'republican's', thank you, you have proven my point.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am rooting for the Democrats to win in November because of this. If they gain power they will open investigations into Bush becasue of Iraq and wiretapping and effectivly shut down the government. Government not functioning is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]Their investigations will also bring many documents into public view that we can't see now.

Sen. Coburn (R) recently predicted that if Democrats took control of the House, at least one Republican Senator (obviously Burns of Montana though he didn't say it) and 5 more Republican House members would go to prison
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Try to filibuster an "anti-terror" bill in an election year knowing both that they'd fail and that they'd be crucified by the Republicans for even trying.

2) Let the Republican majority have their way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

The Internet Gambling Enforcement Act was supported by 60% of Democrats in the House back in July. Please God don't pretend that they were prepared to put up some filibuster but were thwarted. You want to filibuster with 76 votes? Even if they had them they would NEVER choose this issue to use it no matter what Bill it was attached to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, you only need 40 votes to filibuster. See if you can figure out why.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not have the ability to recognize and state that each and every democrat who voted for the stand alone legislation to ban internent gambling is solely responsible for their own vote and should be recognzied as the enemy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. From my state 100% of the R's voted yes, and 2 D's crossed over to the dark side. Everybody is responsible for their own vote.

I'm just sick of all the red team cheerleaders saying it's the democrats fault for not stopping it. Thats [censored].

It was a _mostly_ republican effort.