Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Beat: Rejected by frat.

[ QUOTE ]
They rejected you? What were you not gay enough?

[/ QUOTE ]
a couple minutes too late
Old 10-04-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are generally two types of frats

1. Party animal frats (keggers, toga parties, strippers, etc.) Think Animal House

2. Elitest, all white, rich frats, Think P.C.U. These frats are very common in the South.

1 is cool, 2 is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you wrote, except there are more than just two. There are also:

- the geeky kids who form a Revenge of the Nerds like contingent of tattle-tales and make sure that if they can't have girls at their rush events because none show up, then NO fraternity can (because it helps influence a rushees decision!)

- the fraternities that think they are the coolest kids alive, when in reality, they are huge losers who just joined a fraternity because they could never get a girl or make a friend if their life depended on it. these are the types of fraternities that make a bad name for everyone, along with #2 on ur list.

and a million more that make it so obvious why there is such hate for fraternities. i'm sorry for blowing this thread up, but i just want people to realize that just because you have seen frat A, frat B, and frat C on campus before, doesn't mean you know a thing about fraternities. they are soooooo different from campus to campus.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow. i think a lot of you were such gigantic losers that you didn't get in/dare try to join a frat and are showing that off with all your frat bashing. maybe you each have something against frats, but I doubt that. Haven't you seen Animal House? Old School?

OMGLOLZ U HATE FRATZ? SO C00000LS!!!!!!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

If any of the frats were one tenth as cool as Belushi's in Animal house, I would have been in in a second, but in real life they are all just losers that won't make friends without mommy and daddy paying for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, thats it.

my parents haven't given me a dime since i was 17. School, gas, car, food, rent, fraternity, toys... all paid for on my own ticket. i'm probably one of the most social people you will meet, and trust me i do not need a drop of help with my social life. but my fraternity is just right for me. diverse, rowdy, good at IM sports, best parties on campus, and a priority for philanthropy.

[censored] off. you know nothing. i may "pay for my friends", but i don't pay enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but how does your frat compare to those in animal house?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can honestly say we've been on double secret probation for as long as i've been at school here, mostly due to social "infractions". and at least once a week i get some freshman girl saying that she heard from XYZ fraternity that my house was losing its charter next thursday.

no ones going to be as kickass as Delta house, but we strive for that bar and I think we come pretty close [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 02:02 AM

Anyone in this thread who isn't apart of a fraternity knows jack [censored] about fraternities, period.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who isn't apart of a fraternity

[/ QUOTE ]

op is apart from his fraternity, and you find yourself apart from lol usingthespacebarcorrectlyaments
Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah who would bash frats.

they seem pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG this is sooo weird... where did you get that picture??? It just so happens that I happen to know those guys, they go to my school... However the plot thickens... I pledged this fraternity... I ended up getting rejected for stupid political BS... These guys were actually among the nicest and coolest in the house... I am positive this pic is in jest b/c they don't take themselves seriously at all.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow. i think a lot of you were such gigantic losers that you didn't get in/dare try to join a frat and are showing that off with all your frat bashing. maybe you each have something against frats, but I doubt that. Haven't you seen Animal House? Old School?

OMGLOLZ U HATE FRATZ? SO C00000LS!!!!!!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh dude. this is the exact reason why people hate fraternities. set a better example for the rest of us pls =[

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, i'm not in a frat but i generally think hating groups of people you don't know is wrong. so as far as setting an example...huh?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am positive this pic is in jest

[/ QUOTE ]

wow when'd they start handing out the genius edition brains?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am positive this pic is in jest

[/ QUOTE ]

wow when'd they start handing out the genius edition brains?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant they don't really pop their collars and aren't generally your typical frat guys
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone in this thread who isn't apart of a fraternity knows jack [censored] about fraternities, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a result of an unusual situation and my school's peculiar housing code, I lived with a frat my sophmore year of college. Couple assoles, most were great guys. But, they were all of a very similar personality type, and didn't seem to have a lot of friends outside that cliche or whatever you want to call it. Also, a lot of them had some pretty serious substance abuse problems, well outside of the normal range of college good times.