Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 AM

Default NL50 Preflop squeeze play with KK?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($48.25)
UTG ($30.65)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($15.95)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($85.25)</font>
Button ($89.80)
SB ($49.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.25, MP raises all-in for $15.95, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $39</font>, UTG folds.

Was this the right play here? After MP pushes, I push UTG all in to try to get him to fold. I figure that my hand will probably play better vs. one hand rather than two hands, and it isn't worth risking UTG calling if he has an A and possibly hitting. UTG hadn't made a move like this yet, and I figure that he probably has a lower PP. Both players are pretty loose, 50+VPIP and UTG had been making a lot of huge raises like this and trash talking in the chat, so I thought that A2o+ and A2s+ are in his range.

Should I have just called and let UTG in (if he still felt like coming in anyways) and then pushed any non-ace flop, or was my squeeze correct here?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Re: NL50 Preflop squeeze play with KK?

i would raise a little more than $4, make it around $7 at least. Otherwise i would play it the same way. tbh im still rooting for a call by UTG.

Calling and then pushing a non Ace flop seems ok though. Id probably just prefer to push pf like you did though, and hope he calls with ak/aq or some lower pp. And by pushing preflop it stops you second guessing yourself and making an incorrect post flop descision if an unfavourable flop comes.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 AM

You need to start betting harder. Minraises aren't getting you anywhere. Raise to 7 the first time.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:18 AM

myea, your raise is essentially a minraise (which sucks). After MP's all-in, calling wouldn't have much point since UTG only has $30 to begin with. So raise is fine.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:14 AM

As others have said reraise to 7 or bet the pot.
My standard is 7 -denys implied odds for sets and for value.

UTG and MP could have called your minraise with great odds -and your hand range narrowed.

I agree with your analysis - UTG prob PP or Speculative hand and I like your shove after MP is allin because of the reasons you cite.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:27 AM

Pot sized raise pf = 2x Call + current pot ~$7.

I call behind as I really want UTG to come along, then I'd push any flop. You are adding the possibility of another player drawing out on you, but I feel that factor is over-riden by the chance of a bigger pot, and hence a greater expectation from the play.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:05 AM

Your initial raise others have talked about. I think you did the right thing when it came back to you.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. In the heat of things, I didn't notice how small my reraise was. I'll keep it in mind in the future. I didn't think about how I might be giving implied odds to smaller PPs.

Anyways, as it turns out, MP had QTo [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Instantly added him to my buddy list [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]