Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Ban video

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It started with Goldwater, back in the mid-60's

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt Goldwater would stand what has happend to the Republican Party today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is, Goldwater apologized for what's happened and his role in it. He was appalled that the people in power now had taken his ideas and corrupted them, completely corrupted them. He tried very hard to speak out even into his 90's, but no one listened. They were too busy trying to pass a Constitutional Amendment against flag burning and reinstituting prayer in school.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG - I agree 100% with a female Democrat. I hope I don't turn into a lesbian.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You agreed that they should have made it a pro-Medicare rider instead? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A standard tactic used by Republicans that's NOT used by Democrats is to sneak legislation into bills that are not related to the bill. They typically do this in bills that they know are of importance to the American people. This way if Democrats vote against the bill for not being clean, they can sound off in the media that democrats don't care about X issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh bull. The Democrats do it too. If they didn't, it would be even more effective for them to sound off in the media about Republicans abusing riders.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in another forum before I saw this video. I think it couldn't apply more.

I said...
I have a long family history of politics and I actually DEAL with all of these politicians. I've interfaced with them, been to many of their houses. On both sides of the isle they are of course charismatic and polite when dealing with them (well most of them). How the function however is much different of course from how they appear. I will say that I don't see the same slime ball tactics use by Democrats that Republicans use. That's not to say that Democrats are "moral" or that I support their party. I unfortunately have to take a pragmatic approach and align myself with democrats so that the working people of this country can be thrown a bone, and that's sad. What worse is that most Republicans (and that means 99% of them) shoot themselves in the foot by voting for a party that is continually try to strip them of their working conditions, fair pay, pensions, and freedoms. Its sick how blinding BELIEF can be.

A standard tactic used by Republicans that's NOT used by Democrats is to sneak legislation into bills that are not related to the bill. They typically do this in bills that they know are of importance to the American people. This way if Democrats vote against the bill for not being clean, they can sound off in the media that democrats don't care about X issue.

In this current case with the online gaming legislation, it would be, "Democrats don't care about port security or the safety of this country, etc..." When in reality they would reject the bill because it's not clean and would like a revision. Yet reality doesn't matter in the sound bite media. This is slime ball politics and Republicans have played this the best for decades. I've watched it occur a hundred times. I hope more of you become aware because you are now DIRECTLY affected by how this party functions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest load of crap I ever read.
The Dems are just as sneaky if not worse.
If they had there way the 2nd ammendment would be removed from the constitution.
At least with the republicans in power if they go to far I can shoot them.
Which I might do right about now. lol
Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in another forum before I saw this video. I think it couldn't apply more.

I said...
I have a long family history of politics and I actually DEAL with all of these politicians. I've interfaced with them, been to many of their houses. On both sides of the isle they are of course charismatic and polite when dealing with them (well most of them). How the function however is much different of course from how they appear. I will say that I don't see the same slime ball tactics use by Democrats that Republicans use. That's not to say that Democrats are "moral" or that I support their party. I unfortunately have to take a pragmatic approach and align myself with democrats so that the working people of this country can be thrown a bone, and that's sad. What worse is that most Republicans (and that means 99% of them) shoot themselves in the foot by voting for a party that is continually try to strip them of their working conditions, fair pay, pensions, and freedoms. Its sick how blinding BELIEF can be.

In this current case with the online gaming legislation, it would be, "Democrats don't care about port security or the safety of this country, etc..." When in reality they would reject the bill because it's not clean and would like a revision. Yet reality doesn't matter in the sound bite media. This is slime ball politics and Republicans have played this the best for decades. I've watched it occur a hundred times. I hope more of you become aware because you are now DIRECTLY affected by how this party functions.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:01 PM

another video

Found the link to this at Wicked Chops Poker
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest load of crap I ever read.
The Dems are just as sneaky if not worse.
If they had there way the 2nd ammendment would be removed from the constitution....etc

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they are considerably LESS inclinded to try and legislate 'morality'. If you listen to Frist, that's the reason he pushed it thru.

---Leavenfish
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM

You guys are pretty naive for shouting horray for her speech. I would wager she doesn't give a crap about online gaming. This is nothing but a partisan jab at the republicans in preperation of the upcoming mid term elections (which both parties always do in full force before elections). I mean come on! She throws in something about medicare in there?!? She is also claiming that the GOP supports this because of its moral right stance? She KNOWS they support it because they take campaign finance contributions from the gaming insustry, as she most assuredly does too. This is just politics. They always ratchet up the partisanship before elections. She wants to paint this bill as something from the moral right, then mentions issues the moral left hold dear so she can rally her base (left wingers). After the elections all this sill be toned down and we will get a immigration bill, in addition to other non-partisan issues.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are pretty naive for shouting horray for her speech. I would wager she doesn't give a crap about online gaming. This is nothing but a partisan jab at the republicans in preperation of the upcoming mid term elections (which both parties always do in full force before elections). I mean come on! She throws in something about medicare in there?!? She is also claiming that the GOP supports this because of its moral right stance? She KNOWS they support it because they take campaign finance contributions from the gaming insustry, as she most assuredly does too. This is just politics. They always ratchet up the partisanship before elections. She wants to paint this bill as something from the moral right, then mentions issues the moral left hold dear so she can rally her base (left wingers). After the elections all this sill be toned down and we will get a immigration bill, in addition to other non-partisan issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Rationalization is more important than sex. Ever gone a week without a rationalization?" Jeff Goldblum's character in The Big Chill

We promise to not confuse you with the facts, ok?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM

You are right LuckyTXGuy. I live in NC and I am a Christian and other Christians I know don't even know or care that this happened. People who say this was to appease the Christian right do not know the Christian right because they are unbelievers. The Christian right has concerns about bigger issues than Internet poker.