Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars FPP\'s

We are currently out of stock on the Amazon.com gift certificates. We expect a new shipment of gift codes in the next 3 days. We will be emailing the new codes but it will take some time as you can imagine there are a lot of pending orders.

Scotty
PokerStars VIP Team
Old 10-03-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After 3 great years at PokerStars, I must say the customer service treatment I've seen since Friday has really sucked, particularly wrt redeeming FPPs.

I feel like they all know they're losing their jobs and taking it out on players.

I'm sure things will work out, but f'em anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this post has more melodrama than the monday matinee.

Mack
Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think the chances are that if pokerstars does stop allowing U.S. citizens that they'll still allow us to cash out our points?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think anything less would amount to theft, and stars hasn't shown any indication that they would do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they would do that, but it certainly would not be theft, they are well within their rights to end the FPP scheme at any time.

Mack
Old 10-03-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think the chances are that if pokerstars does stop allowing U.S. citizens that they'll still allow us to cash out our points?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think anything less would amount to theft, and stars hasn't shown any indication that they would do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they would do that, but it certainly would not be theft, they are well within their rights to end the FPP scheme at any time.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it could be within their rights to make everyone's FPPs suddenly worthless.

Discontinuing the rewards program is within their rights, certainly. But telling people with thousands of $$$'s worth of FPPs that their points have no value would cause as much a backlash as not allowing someone to cashout. If they wanted to discontinue the program they'd have to find some alternative way to compensate people for their existing FPPs or there would be a huge fallout which would cost them a significant chunk of whatever non-US customers they have left after cutting us off (if they cut us off).
Old 10-03-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it could be within their rights to make everyone's FPPs suddenly worthless.

Discontinuing the rewards program is within their rights, certainly. But telling people with thousands of $$$'s worth of FPPs that their points have no value would cause as much a backlash as not allowing someone to cashout. If they wanted to discontinue the program they'd have to find some alternative way to compensate people for their existing FPPs or there would be a huge fallout which would cost them a significant chunk of whatever non-US customers they have left after cutting us off (if they cut us off).

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and sympathise with your position but I'm pretty sure I'm correct, although I'm also not saying they will do it, or that it's a good idea.

Mack
Old 10-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Stars just took care of this.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM

I guess next step for Stars is getting rid of all those useless US-only items/gift certificates and start adding some Europe-friendly ones.