Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 12:38 AM

Default Re: checkraised w aces

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just thought it was interesting how much +EV that cr can have if we can only call it with a set +.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally by the time someone is doing it often enough for it to be +ev they will either be broke or we will have figured it out and countered it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really agree, alot of lags and even straightforward tags will bet/fold a ton of hands on the turn, whether it be top pair or worse. I think this is a bet/fold spot w/ an overpair anyway, as the obvious and only draw got there, as well as a weird peel (like 45), but in isolation if you flatcall this flop and that card DOES hit, this is a good bluff c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

not totally applicable to this hand -- villain didn't peel one on the flop, villain led the flop ~60% pot, right into hero the preflop raiser. then check/raised turn big.

this line looks like a monster to me, hoping to get raised on the flop, then going for the check/raise when that plan fails. alternately, leading out with the OESD for the "cheap" draw/fold equity and then getting there. either way, hero is screwed.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:06 AM

Why wouldn't villain play a hand like AK this way?

Hero opened on button and just called flop, which I don't like. SB may think hero is floating the flop and decides to pick off some bluff money on turn with a CR.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just thought it was interesting how much +EV that cr can have if we can only call it with a set +.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally by the time someone is doing it often enough for it to be +ev they will either be broke or we will have figured it out and countered it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really agree, alot of lags and even straightforward tags will bet/fold a ton of hands on the turn, whether it be top pair or worse. I think this is a bet/fold spot w/ an overpair anyway, as the obvious and only draw got there, as well as a weird peel (like 45), but in isolation if you flatcall this flop and that card DOES hit, this is a good bluff c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe so, but w/o history this is a pretty bad c/r bluff with complete air and i could def see the guy having a big hand here. also, even tho a lot of ppl b/f 1 pair hands on this board - the flop texture is such that a flat call with a big hand is very possible. but i understand what you're saying, just i wouldn't risk it w/o any history.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero opened on button and just called flop, which I don't like. SB may think hero is floating the flop and decides to pick off some bluff money on turn with a CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise the turn if you think he is bluffing?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise the turn if you think he is bluffing?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has air himself...? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Villain just sat down and could be establishing an image of "don't try to take it away on the turn." If villain has AK or KQ he may put hero on a worse king and so this is a value raise.

I think it is unlikely for hero to try to bluff this river if SB just calls the turn and then checks the river, with the way the hand has gone down.