Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 PM

Default 2x popped

This guy is very loose and his AF is 0.7 after 70 hands.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ?

Villain in this hand is loose with an AF of 1.5.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ?

You know that feeling. Feeling like having that sign on the forehead that says "I'm weak. Please take a shot at me." (No history between me and this guys involving folds to their raises or stuff like that)
Old 10-02-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Re: 2x popped

I definitely call Hand 1 since you are guaranteed showdown and getting 7.5-1 (you only have to be ahead 16% of the time to make a profit)

I fold Hand 2 because even if he is semi-bluffing, he has a lot of outs. If you are behind, you don't have many outs.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 PM

I'm going to recommend an opposite line for both hands. In hand 1 you can make an easy fold. How often does a loose and passive player bluff you on the river? Is it 1% of the time? So you have to be ahead of 15% of his raising for value range which you definitely aren't. You chop at best with another ace, most likely losing the kicker battle. What other hands in his range can you expect to see money back from this pot against? None.

Hand two is pretty close, but I like a call based on villain's aggressive tendencies. This is a bluffable flop (monotone always scares people) and there was no preflop raise. Villain knows you could have any two cards and definitely considers a sem-bluff or pure bluff to be a big part of your range. This makes his range as wide as a flush draw or ace high all the way to a made flush. The pot is small (which encourages a fold), but I think that you should call down unless another heart falls because you are too likely to be ahead to give up.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:46 PM

I would call down hand 2, you have top pair and he could be bluffing or semi-bluffing with a heart.

Hand 1 is a crying call for me. But it's hard to see how the 7 could have helped him, that's why I would call. Would the river have been a club or a bit more dangerous card I would fold it.