Old 10-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: SSNL CHEESE THREAD: OCTOBERFEST EDITION

Goals:

6 pt bb/100
20000 hands
at least 5000 at 1/2 preferably 10000
3 grand not counting rakeback
get better, make good decisions
play a few donkaments (really haven't been much at all)
and final table one
Old 10-01-2006, 06:33 PM

Goals:

--eat without getting sick.
--walk up and down stairs better.
--enjoy the Twins run at the World Series.

--Get back in the mix pokerwise.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:55 PM

I'm uber-discouraged right now. Can somebody give me a reason not to quit playing poker?

I'm not running badly or anything like that; I'm just so emotionally drained by the bad beat that "my" country put on me (thank you, Mr. Frist!) that I'm just having a hard time deciding why I should bother playing.

- My only hobby was just declared illegal.
- The nearest legal NL table is 500 miles away.
- Live poker rake is huge, the closest thing to a good game is 5-150 spread limit with blinds of $1 and $5 (UGH), and you get 30 hands an hour.
- I can still play online, but cashing out will become extremely hard.
- I run the risk of up to 5 years in prison if I continue to play online (thank you, Mr. Frist!).
- Even if I DO manage to play online and even if I DO find a way to avoid getting thrown in Guantanamo Bay with the other terrorists when I cash out, all the other good and decent law abiding citizens of my country (a.k.a., "the fish") are not going to go to all that trouble just to continue paying me money.

Ugh.

Combine that with finding out that the girl I'm interested in looks like she's got a boyfriend and my life just got markedly crappier in the last 24 hours.

I cashed out 90% of my bankroll, and I'm not going to redeposit it until I figure out what the future will bring.

(Very, very, very, very, very depressed right now.)
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 PM

I LIKE OCTOBER FIRST ORBIT.

Raise JTs, BB calls
FLOP: Td8d3d
BB pots, i call
TURN Jd
c,c
RIVER Tc
BB 3/4th, push, call

88 NO GOOD SHIP IT

I HATE OCTOBER 2ND ORBIT DIF TABLE
UTG minraises, call, call, I make it 24 from SB with AcQr, BB, UTG calls
FLOP 7c Qc 2r
Bet 45, Fold, UTG pushes, I call
TURN Jc
RIVER blank

JJ > AQ DOH
Old 10-01-2006, 07:05 PM

My 50th hand at 2/4 after already winning a by in:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($71.06)
SB ($396)
BB ($450.10)
UTG ($367.80)
Hero ($738.53)
CO ($355.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, CO calls $16, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $84</font>, Hero calls $72, CO folds.

Flop: ($194) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB calls $362.10 (All-In), Hero calls $362.10.

Turn: ($918.20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($918.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $918.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Th Jc (two pair, jacks and twos).
Hero has Kc Kh (two pair, kings and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins $918.20. </font>

So far 2/4 and October love me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm uber-discouraged right now. Can somebody give me a reason not to quit playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing pokah is no more illegal now AIUI thanks to Bob Fists efforts than it was a few days ago.

Once el Pres signs the new bill then funding becomes illegal but the text of the bill is worded so that they are really only going after US based banks and financial institutions that transfer money to offshore gaming companies. NOT the players that play the games.

I still wanna know wtf Horse racing (that well known game of skill) is specially allowed and not poker [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I think that in a few weeks once the dust settles some enterprising internet entrepreneur with a high risk tolerance will come up with a handy new way to allow US based players to easily and legally circumvent the new legislation. Once that's happened things will get back to pretty much how they are now.

Lots of posters in the legislation forum are going nuts saying that it's the end of the poker world as we know it - I think that industries that make billions from US clientele that aren't even based in the US aren't going to sit back and watch idly and more than likely have quietly assembled contingency plans to get around the new red tape.

Make no mistake the new bill sucks - and noone who plays poker is going to vote for Mr Fist when he does the racing for pres thing in 2008, but it's only more red tape than can easily be worked around in time.

It might dent the pool of fish short term, but you strike me as the kind of player that can beat most of the opposition and not just the very worst of it so you ought to do fine if times get tougher.

when cc's were blocked in the US people moaned that "the fish will never go to all the trouble of setting up a Neteller a/c" - "the bubble has burst" "we are going to have to quit playing and get real jobs" - and look at the playerbase now.

Do not underestimate the power of greed, some offshore greedy SOB will soon fix things so that the US fish we all know and stack can still fund their poker accounts without too much hassle.

As for wimmen - no help here sorry, tho I find that rejection by the fairer sex goes very well with a night at ye locale ale house.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I felt like this yesterday, but now I'm having a hard time believing this legislation will actually make a difference. Here's to optimism.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 PM

Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I can't play poker or leave my house. My october is going to suck big time

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf house arrest + busto?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. no. I have have a severe case of mono and feel like death. I can't play any sport for 6 months either
Old 10-01-2006, 07:43 PM

pokey,

You just made me really depressed. Ive felt the same way. When Keyzor told me on Friday night i was pretty drunk, so when I woke up the next morning, I thought it was jsut a bad dream.

aj,

Feel better. But I have bad news, the twins will lose to the yanks.
Closed Thread