Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Cards running bad/ not playing up to par..

So. I'm not playing in today's ME. Even though I've won 2 seats to the thing. Actually I've only managed to run well in a few sat's in the last 2 months.

I took down one 10 buck limit rebuy tourney about a month ago, but other than that I've been running really really crappy in MTT's, and not much better in the cash games.

I think as a result I have not been playing my best game. i also have not been playing as much since school is now starting. I kind of feel like I need to go deep in a multi, and FT, if not get top 3...and a decent payday, to get my mojo back, and a little confidence.

Obv the sat's are no problem, but those seem like a totally different beast, and I think the field is typically a lot weaker in the sats.

Anyone have any suggestions, or thoughts?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Cards running bad/ not playing up to par..

this happens all the time. running bad has an effect on your game and you begin to play worse. there's a few ways around it..

1) read a lot of stuff here, and spend more time thinking about the game, and less time playing;
2) get a coach, who, if nothing else, can reinstill your confidence, and can probably help you take your game to the next level (but will be expensive);
3) just take some time off of poker and clear your head; or
4) move down, play SS cash games where variance is lower, get your confidence back.

gl sir.