Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Interpreting PT-stats and acting accordingly

This is a hand that got me wondering if villains PT-stats messed my head up? Villains stats are 29/4 over 198 hands(is this sample enough to prove anything?) which tells my he is really passive PF, and tight prolly? He might be raising with SCs and suited aces only but I find it more likely for him to raise with premium hands. I can't seem to find his AF in PT, anyone knows where I can find it? I can see it when I play using GT+ but I can't remember it right now.

Would anyone have played it different? Afterwards I felt like I should have re-raised PF, but I am not sure since he onle raises so few hands and he would most likely have called my RR and then I would have had to hit or pray that he had an AK-ish hand that missed?

I've been multitabling and running solidly without getting out of line.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, NL$400 Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($397.60)
Hero ($1203.24)
UTG ($204.30)
MP ($400.50)
Button ($364.12)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, SB (poster) calls $10, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($36) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $12</font>, SB calls $12, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $100</font>, SB folds, <font color="#ff0000">Hero ?</font>

Final Pot: $192

***I might add that this thread is rather about PT-stats more than the actual thread since I think I have to fold here***
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Interpreting PT-stats and acting accordingly

198 hands is too little. I remember a comedy post I saw here where someone said "villain was 60/50/INFINITY over 50 hands!", which I quite often run at, despite being 30/25/4 or so long term at the time.

29/4 over 200 hands shows you that he's fairly passive preflop, but not neccessarily much else. It's not really enough to tell you his AGF unless it's at 0.1 or 20 or something.

I would still reraise this preflop. Even someone on 5 PFR sometimes button steals. This flop play makes it look to me like you're in trouble to a set, and I'd fold. I'd need a better reason than you have given to keep playing after a check/raise and being three bet.