Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 02:05 PM

Default China is Overplaying Their Hand and We Need a Reagan to...

[ QUOTE ]
When the biggest trade partner isn't going to do anything about it, how isn't it wise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep.....Bush is letting them get away with it. China thinks the USA has their hands full with Iraq and Afghanistan and they can [censored] with the USA without consequences. Too me this is ANOTHER act of aggression by the Chi-Coms. Space is neutral terriotory. Firing lasers into somone's else satellites strikes me as grounds for a counter military strike.... The last act of aggression by the Chi-Coms was when a Chi-Com fighter rammed a slowmoving American survalence plane which made an emergency landing on Chi-Com terriotory.

The talking heads say that Bush has not publicly challenged the Chi-Coms on this because he wants their help with the North Koreans. What an IDIOT! China is sabotaging our negotiations with the North Koreans, and with Iran..... They will never help the USA with Noth Korea....never!

PS
Thank that traitor Bill Clinton for allowing Lorall Space(sp?) to give the Chi-Coms American technology so they can put their own satellites into space...... The damage Bill Clinton did during his 8 years will not be fully known for a long time. Alowing US companies to sell technology to the Chi-Coms will eventually result in many dead Americans and Clinton deserves the blame...
Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: China is Overplaying Their Hand and We Need a Reagan to...

Well said Felix. I couldn't have put it better.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank that traitor Bill Clinton

[/ QUOTE ]

gimme a break. Clinton may be a lot of things, but calling him a traitor is absurd and only damages your credibility.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:58 AM

"Thank that traitor Bill Clinton for allowing Lorall Space(sp?) to give the Chi-Coms American technology so they can put their own satellites into space...... The damage Bill Clinton did during his 8 years will not be fully known for a long time. Alowing US companies to sell technology to the Chi-Coms will eventually result in many dead Americans and Clinton deserves the blame..."

Traitor is a bit harsh, but the rest of this is right on. The sweetheart deal for Loral Space, being sold by a financially troubled Ford Motor co, was as smelly as a deal can get.

The consolidation of the defense industry (primarily Hughes-->Raytheon;Litton---->Northrop Grumman) that was forced by the cutbacks in defense spending have stifled competition, raising costs as the military retools.

Using Reagans "peace dividend" to balance the budget without cutting spending other than defense was extremely shortsighted in light of the growing muslim threat, and will be considered the greatest Presidential blunder of the 20th century.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Clinton Approve the Transfer of American Military Tech to Commie China

[ QUOTE ]
gimme a break. Clinton may be a lot of things, but calling him a traitor is absurd and only damages your credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Loral Space Gives $600,000 to Dem Party
http://money.cnn.com/1998/05/20/companies/intv_loral/

2. Clinton Signs Waiver to allow Loral Space to give restricted(secret) technology to Chi-Coms (May 1998)
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/22/china.money/

3. The Tech Transfer Improves Communist China's Ability to Wage War
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...29/25139.shtml

4. AP Story. Loral Space Illegally Transfer US Technology to Communits China. Clinton White House runs interference to prevent this case going to court.
http://www.friends-partners.org/pipe...ry/003433.html
"A U.S. Justice Dept. investigation into claims that Loral Space & Communications passed national secrets to China in 1996 ended Wednesday with the company agreeing to pay a $14 million fine, according to a Loral statement. Loral, a satellite maker and services provider, did not admit or deny the government's charges."

So not only does Clinton sign waivers to give Commie-China restricted techology (in exchange for $600K in campaign donations) but Loral exceeds the waiver authority and transfer additional secret technology to Commie-China. Then Clinton fearing a VERY-PUBLIC trial that will last several years claims the is not enough evidence to convict and they settle out-of-court for $14m. Clinton knows how to cover his butt..... The Repubs were negligent for not conducting a large scale probe. Clinton deserved to be impeached for this....

Giving secret military technology to potentially hostile governments is TREASON....unless.....you are elected president and can produce waivers to allow such transfers of military secrets. So techically Clinton had the authority to give away military secrets without committing treason........ But how do Clintons actions differ from a turncoat American who sells his countries secrets for 20 pieces of silver?....other than the fact one is president and the other is not?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Clinton Approve the Transfer of American Military Tech to Commie C

Felix,

You need to start using a custom ending for all your posts. I suggest the one below.

-------------------------------------------------
"Facts are stubborn things."
--RWR
Old 10-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Clinton Approve the Transfer of American Military Tech to Commie China

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Loral Space Gives $600,000 to Dem Party
http://money.cnn.com/1998/05/20/companies/intv_loral/

2. Clinton Signs Waiver to allow Loral Space to give restricted(secret) technology to Chi-Coms (May 1998)
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/22/china.money/

3. The Tech Transfer Improves Communist China's Ability to Wage War
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...29/25139.shtml

4. AP Story. Loral Space Illegally Transfer US Technology to Communits China. Clinton White House runs interference to prevent this case going to court.
http://www.friends-partners.org/pipe...ry/003433.html
"A U.S. Justice Dept. investigation into claims that Loral Space & Communications passed national secrets to China in 1996 ended Wednesday with the company agreeing to pay a $14 million fine, according to a Loral statement. Loral, a satellite maker and services provider, did not admit or deny the government's charges."

So not only does Clinton sign waivers to give Commie-China restricted techology (in exchange for $600K in campaign donations) but Loral exceeds the waiver authority and transfer additional secret technology to Commie-China. Then Clinton fearing a VERY-PUBLIC trial that will last several years claims the is not enough evidence to convict and they settle out-of-court for $14m. Clinton knows how to cover his butt..... The Repubs were negligent for not conducting a large scale probe. Clinton deserved to be impeached for this....

Giving secret military technology to potentially hostile governments is TREASON....unless.....you are elected president and can produce waivers to allow such transfers of military secrets. So techically Clinton had the authority to give away military secrets without committing treason........ But how do Clintons actions differ from a turncoat American who sells his countries secrets for 20 pieces of silver?....other than the fact one is president and the other is not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Copernicus agrees that using the word "traitor" is too much. Does your partisnaship have you that blinded?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Clinton Approve the Transfer of American Military Tech to Commie C

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
--US Constitution, Article 3, Section 3

I guess faciliating illegal acquisition of secret intelligence or technology really isn't very comforting to the Chinese, nor aid their efforts to keep pace with or outpace us militarily. Naturally though it depends on defining who an enemy is. If the Soviet Union met that definition during the Cold War, then so does China now.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Posters Worth Reading and the Hit-and-Run Posters

Hence my reason for posting links to support my conclusions.
Unlike others who spout off mindless opinions and mindless disagreements without actually making an intellectual effort to support their position.

I categorize posters on this forum in two camps.
1. The LAZY, who spout off their opinions without backing their claims up. They make a hit-and-run post with no supporting arguments or supporting evidence.
2. The THOUGHTFUL, who make an effort to make reasoned arguments and support these arguments with facts, historical examples, stats, etc..... I may disagree THOUGHTFUL posters but I RESPECT THEM... At least with these posters there is the possibility to find some common ground and have a reasoned discussion. With the others it is not possible to have a reasoned discussion with them.

Needless to say I don't repect the hit-and-run posters that spout-off strong opinions but are too lazy or perhaps too ignorant to respond in a thoughtful manner...
Old 10-01-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Posters Worth Reading and the Hit-and-Run Posters

You forgot #3, who are the DISHONEST DEBATERS.

(and I can guess who will respond to this)