Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Need simple LLC help!!

Hi F&I, I have a question to ask of you wise money managers, unfortunately I can contribute nothing but needs. I need to start an LLC, and need to know how best to go about it. I have done some limited and transitory research, and am now confused.

I am attempting to start a corporation with the intention of providing myself with supplemental income. This business would focus on auction sites, and the obvious activities involved.

What site should I use to obtain an EIN ID?

I am in Virginia, and have a partner in this venture.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I am slightly retarded and completely drunk so please be gentle in your elucidation of proper course.

Cam
Old 09-29-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Need simple LLC help!!

First of all, what made you decide on an LLC? It's probably your best bet, but the entity you need depends on what kind of business you're going to have.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:35 AM

It's going to be an ebay business, something on the side you know? A friend suggested an LLC, I made a "reasonable" assumption based on exactly nothing that this was the proper course. I'm in Virginia as I said, and want an EIN ID to get some good deals from wholesalers. I also live in the city.

Cam
Old 09-30-2006, 03:05 AM

If you do a quick google search on "incorporation", you will get a list of companies that will happily setup your LLC for you.

Corporate.com is one example, mycorporation.com is another. All these sites have useful documents that help explain the process.

To obtain an EIN, you simply fill out and send the IRS form SS-4. You can actually do this online now too. (You could also have the incorporator do it for you, but its easy enough to do yourself)
Old 09-30-2006, 06:46 PM

I dont know about the State you live in but in Florida you just go to www.sunbiz.org and set up your LLC right there.
Did you try your states.gov website first?

If your state does not allow then do other poster says, corp.com.

If your state does allow this then register your LLC and call the IRS and they will issue you an EIN.

An LLC is the correct choice for an Ebay business.