View Poll Results: Preflop A9s UTG?
Raise 149 57.53%
Call 52 20.08%
FOLD???? 58 22.39%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2

I don't want FPHG to use drive C:
Can I change the location of C:\FreePHG_HandHistories?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want FPHG to use drive C:
Can I change the location of C:\FreePHG_HandHistories?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the next version this will be possible again (I've got flu atm, so might be a few days though).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2006, 06:17 PM

I voted no. I'm aware how this app using hooking to get the hand information, and I would not want it public. It would be fairly easy for someone to write malicious code without knowing ANYTHING about hooking, because this code already takes care of the hard stuff for them.

What I mean is this: let's say I wanted to write an app that looks and feels like FreePHG, but which also reports back to my server the following information on every hand:
1. Your player name.
2. Your table.
3. Your hole cards.

With the source code to FreePHG in hand, I would not have to know anything about hooking, about Party and memory use, etc. I would just have to write the add-on functionality. The harder part would be to get people to download and install the software, but you don't need too many people out there before you have an easy money-maker, and the code would be trusted because of all the 2+2 threads about it. A lot of people wouldn't know to only trust the copy hosted at SF or wherever.

The hooking and injection we're talking about here is NOT trivial. As Juk says, most of the resources and snippets on hooking on the net don't work well, if at all. Much of it can only work with certain types of hooks. The type of hooking used to do things like keyloggers is trivial; you can even read about it on Microsoft's MSDN on the net. There are legitimate uses for such techniques. The code in FreePHG 2.0 is fairly sophisticated. The techniques are based, in part, on old Microsoft "under the hood" articles which have been removed from circulation by Microsoft! There are very few legimitae uses for such code.

That having been said, I commend Juk for his good work. I'd love for a small group of people to help him improve and maintain the code, but I don't think public is a good idea. I'm sad that I can't be involved, but I've moved on from poker and my current job is sucking down about 120% of my time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2006, 11:57 AM

It would be great if we could set the path to were to store the handhistories ourselves.

That way we can put it in the Party folder and use the automatic import instead of having to use the regular and choose the files ourselves.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be great if we could set the path to were to store the handhistories ourselves.

That way we can put it in the Party folder and use the automatic import instead of having to use the regular and choose the files ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this will be done in the next version (along with the old FPHG options added back).

Old 10-11-2006, 10:25 AM

Default FPHG Version 2: FEEDBACK

Just wondered if the new version of FPHG is working for people? I've seen alot of people download it, but not much in the way of feedback (so far only rvg72 has reported bugs).

I am just in the process of moving house and will probably have no net connection, and be pretty busy for the next week or so (so might be hard to contact, etc).

I'm planning on adding back the options and will implement some of the planned improvements, so long as it is working ok (still need to get to the bottom of rvg72 dieing tables bug).

Also, based on the voting (which seems clearly in favour of open-sourcing), I'm going to look into how best to open-source the code (while minimizing the chance of rogue versions [sourceforge with limited admins, etc]).

Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2: FEEDBACK

absolutely never created any .hhf files for me
Old 10-11-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondered if the new version of FPHG is working for people? I've seen alot of people download it, but not much in the way of feedback (so far only rvg72 has reported bugs).

I am just in the process of moving house and will probably have no net connection, and be pretty busy for the next week or so (so might be hard to contact, etc).

I'm planning on adding back the options and will implement some of the planned improvements, so long as it is working ok (still need to get to the bottom of rvg72 dieing tables bug).

Also, based on the voting (which seems clearly in favour of open-sourcing), I'm going to look into how best to open-source the code (while minimizing the chance of rogue versions [sourceforge with limited admins, etc]).

[/ QUOTE ]
Third option, works fine for me, but I continue to use the old version for the options, specifically to keep my played hands out of the observed database.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely never created any .hhf files for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you using ProcessGuard or a firewall that is blocking it?

Does my DollarToBB app work for you, or does that fail also?

Old 10-11-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Third option, works fine for me, but I continue to use the old version for the options, specifically to keep my played hands out of the observed database.

[/ QUOTE ]
The useful options (like "-o") will get added back in the next version, so this should be fixed then.