Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: People referring to \"who\" did this

lol whatever. Frist did this to pander to your demographic(Christian Republicans), so of course Christian Republicans are going to get a lot of [censored]. Get used to it.

In the original Goodlatte bill there were about 114 co-sponsors, no more than 5 were Democrats.

[ QUOTE ]

Is this list complete. I for one am making sure to vote against each one of these [censored] in the next election if possible. I already copied this list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That list is basically everyone. Because Frist attached the gambling legislation to a Port Security Bill, even the people who were talking about how hypocritical and terrible it was of him to put that amendment in STILL voted for it. But see above - the religious right is behind this, and they're behind the Republicans. If you want to send a message, then vote for Democrats in November.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:43 PM

Wrong. Every vote for a republican senator or representative was a vote for this. You were just incapable of anticipating the results of your foolish actions. You may or may not have been swayed by waved flags and thumped bibles. I don't really care. You may have thought you were voting your wallet--which doesn't appear to have worked out well. Your motivations for your vote are irrelevant. You didn't realize how incredibly reckless your actions were. You apparently still don't. You deserve this. Also, this is far from the worst thing for which you are culpable. It isn't done yet. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things like that can happen only in a country where christian fundamentalism is a way of life and christian fundamentalists actually are country leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]
False.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:23 PM

So then every democrat that voted for this is as evil as the republicans. Also every democrat that voted for the democrats are just as much at fault. You need to wake up and realize all republicans are not equal. Like i said I'm a strong republican but disagree on plenty of issues like this and I strongly disagree on gun control and their need to have guns everywhere.

Frist didn't do this for me. Frist did this because he is a moron looking for re-election.

To re-emphasize, all of the republicans in congress are like .001% of the republicans in the u.s. Its a simple distinction that I think should be made.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then every democrat that voted for this is as evil as the republicans. Also every democrat that voted for the democrats are just as much at fault. You need to wake up and realize all republicans are not equal. Like i said I'm a strong republican but disagree on plenty of issues like this and I strongly disagree on gun control and their need to have guns everywhere.

Frist didn't do this for me. Frist did this because he is a moron looking for re-election.

To re-emphasize, all of the republicans in congress are like .001% of the republicans in the u.s. Its a simple distinction that I think should be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sAid shut up idiot and Wake the [censored] up.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just make yourself look like an immature stereotypical [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Welll... you actually are one. I'd rather just look like one.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really have no idea, do you? Frist isn't even running for re-election, he's just posturing himself for a Presidential run in 2008. He's retiring from the Senate. I know this is new to you, but could you actually research the issue before commenting on it.

The Democrats were put in a position to either vote for or against port security. Frist and the Republicans inserted this into a port security bill with ZERO input from the Democrats. Please do us all a favor and quit voting, its obvious you don't research the issues and votes.

Be sure and tithe tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Im not going to sit here and whine like a woman about politicians when nobody is questioning the lack of action in part of the poker sites to combat this. Party, stars and all the others are swimmin in cash yet what did they do if anything that was significant in fighting this??

they just kept collecting rake and letting online poker go to hell.