Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 12:51 AM

Default TAG\'s jamming the flop

Something that I have noticed alot from the average 2+2 TAg is that they will NEVER slowplay even when it makes sense to do so. For example say they raise on the button with JJ and a LAG bb defends then the flop comes J84. if the bb checkraises the flop so many times they will 3-bet even though the bb's range is huge and fold equity is small unless he has no pair/no draw.

I asked one player who i know to be a 2+2er about a hand he played similiar to this and he basically told me that you should never slowplay. Is this really the style of flop being preached at 2+2? if so why?
Old 09-30-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: TAG\'s jamming the flop

Why slowplay against someone that will give you action? Often slowplaying just leads to missed bets.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Something that I have noticed alot from the average 2+2 TAg is that they will NEVER slowplay even when it makes sense to do so. For example say they raise on the button with JJ and a LAG bb defends then the flop comes J84. if the bb checkraises the flop so many times they will 3-bet even though the bb's range is huge and fold equity is small unless he has no pair/no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the more standard play is to call and raise turn. i hardly ever 3-bet the flop hu unless im trying to take the pot down with a semibluff or i want to showdown cheaply andi know i can fold to more action.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:30 AM

Because even retards can read hands sometimes.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:47 AM

the more aggressive the game the more likely u should be to fastplay anything big. they cant cap if u dont 3bet

that said i think the posters in this forum will wait for the turn more than they'll jam the flop in the example u gave
Old 09-30-2006, 02:35 AM

I think the sample I gave may have been too extreme of a case.

I think a better example would be a set vs overpair. if a tag 3-bets the flop, the overpair is most likely gonna call down unless it looks like the tag has a lower overpair. if the tag waits to raise the turn the overpair still isnt folding.