Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: $15REBUY- FLOPPED BOAT FACING TWO ALLINS ON TURN-CAN I LAY THIS DO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is during the rebuy period, this is officially the worst post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we needed an if-then statement to qualify your conclusion. I think b is true regarless of a.

[/ QUOTE ]

while {rebuy_period || !rebuy_period} {
worst_post_ever == 1;
}

Edit: Yes, I realize that this is an infinite loop.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 PM

I think all of you have been very cruel to our new posting friend today. Those of you that take great pleasure in pointing out how rediculous a post is should remember your early days and practice a little restraint.

All things considered, this post is just fine as it is obviously an example hand from the Special Olympics Poker Tour. GO CORKY!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM

Your first mistake was playing a small pair out of position.

Your second mistake was not betting out to narrow the field. Full house is a full house, yes. But the preflop raiser must have something pretty good. Otherwise, he would not have raised. Why not bet into a preflop raiser? There are a lot of players in that pot. Somebody had to be bound to hit something. If they wouldn't call a flop bet, they probably won't call any bet on the turn or river either unless they hit a miracle draw and had you and everybody else beat.

Thus, this leads into your third mistake: not betting the turn. If people called a flop bet, the ten probably won't change their mind on whether or not they have the best hand. Your chips will end up in the center at the river with a full boat. If anybody stayed with you that far, there's a pretty strong chance that they'll call your bet and you'll take in a huge pot.

As you played the hand, it's a no brainer call. You have a huge chance to get a strangehold on the table chip lead and this could be the hand to give you momentum to go further into the tournament. If you give up this opportunity, odds are you won't have one again for the rest of the tournament.

This a rebuy period hand. People will play like maniacs more often than not. Bet, bet, bet, bet.

People slowplay too often and it bites them in the ass. They either get outdrawn and then complain about some guy giving them a bad beat or they don't get the maximum amount of chips out of their opponents. Betting is more deceptive than checking.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your second mistake was not betting out to narrow the field.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here. He should be calling this preflop for obvious reasons (set value+implied odds+bbv potential) and the point of firing the flop is not to narrow the field.

edit: ok I lied, I read a few more sentences to make sure you didn't amp up the sarcasm. You didn't.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: $15REBUY- FLOPPED BOAT FACING TWO ALLINS ON TURN-CAN I LAY THIS DOWN??

[ QUOTE ]
This is a frighteningly easy call, even for somebody who can't figure out how to use a hand history converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 09-29-2006, 10:48 PM

Old 09-30-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your second mistake was not betting out to narrow the field. Full house is a full house, yes. But the preflop raiser must have something pretty good. Otherwise, he would not have raised. Why not bet into a preflop raiser? There are a lot of players in that pot. Somebody had to be bound to hit something. If they wouldn't call a flop bet, they probably won't call any bet on the turn or river either unless they hit a miracle draw and had you and everybody else beat.

Thus, this leads into your third mistake: not betting the turn. If people called a flop bet, the ten probably won't change their mind on whether or not they have the best hand. Your chips will end up in the center at the river with a full boat. If anybody stayed with you that far, there's a pretty strong chance that they'll call your bet and you'll take in a huge pot.

As you played the hand, it's a no brainer call. You have a huge chance to get a strangehold on the table chip lead and this could be the hand to give you momentum to go further into the tournament. If you give up this opportunity, odds are you won't have one again for the rest of the tournament.

This a rebuy period hand. People will play like maniacs more often than not. Bet, bet, bet, bet.

People slowplay too often and it bites them in the ass. They either get outdrawn and then complain about some guy giving them a bad beat or they don't get the maximum amount of chips out of their opponents. Betting is more deceptive than checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good situation to slow play. Granted, since this was posted, OP probably got drawn out on by TT. However, a boat is an excellent hand to slow play. Let a high card hit or someone pick up a draw or something. I really think some people go to far with the slow playing is bad kick.

Incidently the flop play is the only interesting thing about the hand.