Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Official Comment, Ranting, etc. thread....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every yay vote is getting a [censored] angry call from me

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared to make a lot of angry calls. A no vote on port security is a pro terrorism!

[/ QUOTE ]

watching cspan right now i seriously want to cry at how much these people are correlating voting no on this bill with a completely unrelated rider to voting yes on terrorism/9/11. what a horrible horrible day.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

At reelection time, the reason you voted against a bill doesn't matter. Only the fact that you "don't want safe ports in the US" matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

im well aware. hence the vomiting and crying.

rj
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Democracy doesn't work!

[/ QUOTE ]

(I know it is just a Simpsons joke, but...)

The US is completely retarded, not a democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Not sure if anyone has posted this. Bill Frist has released a statement saying the Bill has passed: http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fu...elease_id=2622

Press Releases

FRIST STATEMENT ON PASSAGE OF INTERNET GAMBLING LEGISLATION

September 29th, 2006 - WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, M.D., (R-Tenn.) made the following statement after the Senate passed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act:

“Gambling is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society. Congress has grappled with this issue for 10 years, and during that time we’ve watched this shadow industry explode. For me as majority leader, the bottom line is simple: Internet gambling is illegal. Although we can’t monitor every online gambler or regulate offshore gambling, we can police the financial institutions that disregard our laws.”
Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if anyone has posted this. Bill Frist has released a statement saying the Bill has passed: http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fu...elease_id=2622

Press Releases

September 29th, 2006 - WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, M.D., (R-Tenn.) made the following statement after the Senate passed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act:

Alcohol is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPR
Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 PM

***Leavenfish must be dancing in the streets***
I'm suprised no one beat me to this jab.

But seriously, Mr. K, Nate and Berge; I very much appreciate the effort you guys have put into following and interpreting the event of the past few months. I must say, I've learned a lot about how the government opperates and the steps for creating laws.

I'm fairly naive about these things, but I think the best way to proceed is to launch a media campaign encouraging the legalization of online gambling.

Coming from a PR background, I think people should write as many "letters to the editor" as possible to local papers and hound your local (state) officials to explore the feasibilty of regulating the OG industry.

Again, I may be being naive, but I think ultimately, we'll find this is merely an inevitable hurdle on the track for making OG regulated. I can't really see a multi-billion dollar industry just going away. We're down but not out.

Tom is Great
Old 09-29-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Gambling is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Except when it is government sponsored gambling or when it involves a sport that very rich constituents like. In those cases, gambling is totally harmless."
Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Press Releases

Passing stupid paternalistic legislation is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society. Congress has grappled with this issue for 200 years, and during that time we’ve watched this shadow industry explode. For me as majority leader, the bottom line is simple: Passing laws that invade the privacy of millions of Americans to address a non-existent problem are unconstitutional and stupid. Although we can’t stop every elected official from being a cretinous douchebag, we can limit the amount of this nonsense by kicking the Republicans out of power in November.”

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
“Gambling is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society (unless it it Horse Racing or the Lottery, which is just fine) . "

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo7

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Gambling is a serious addiction that undermines the family, dashes dreams, and frays the fabric of society."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Except when it is government sponsored gambling or when it involves a sport that very rich constituents like. In those cases, gambling is totally harmless."

[/ QUOTE ]I think we need another John Stossel special on these hypocritical douches.