Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Washington Times #2 in charge - racist and neo-eugenicist

this is actually not a surprise to me at all

[ QUOTE ]
Francis B. Coombs Jr., the managing editor of The Washington Times, a major media ally of the Bush administration, is described by multiple newsroom sources in Blumenthal's piece as an unreconstructed "racial nationalist" and a hater of blacks and Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a fluff piece - appears to have first been covered in The Nation and backed up by several sources - including his wife -

one more reason why it's time to drop that from your sources of disinformation, righties.

have a nice Friday - we'll be talking about Woodward's book all weekend [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Washington Times #2 in charge - racist and neo-eugenicist

With all due respect, you might find it easier to win people over to your side if you link to a source without a known agenda. When I google his name, the link that you provided is the only relevant hit.

Assuming your premise is correct, what difference does it make if he is a racist?

Agreed, the President has made mistakes. However, he isn't running in this election. I am sure it's a good book but do you really think that his failures will effect the outcome of this election to a large degree?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:45 PM

this one is even better -

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20061009/washington_times

[ QUOTE ]
The vast majority of people who read it (the Washington Times) don't realize that this paper is in bed with bigots and white supremacists. The Times is a key part of the radical right's apparatus in the United States."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect, you might find it easier to win people over to your side if you provide some original thought instead of regurgitating left wing talking points. When I google his name, the link that you provided is the only relevant hit.

Assuming your premise is correct, what difference does it make if he is a racist?

Agreed, the President has made mistakes. However, he isn't running in this election. I am sure it's a good book but do you really think that his failures will effect the outcome of this election to a large degree?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-29-2006, 09:55 PM

Do you have evidence that Cooms filled the paper with his views. To me, that is the most important question. Are these just his personal beliefs, or did he actively promote aborting black babies in WT stories?