Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 PM

Default credit card question

I have only had a credit card for a couple of months and the credit that is available to me is ridiculously small. Whenever I ask for a credit increase and list my occupation as poker it does not go to well with the bank. I was just wondering what I could do to get an increase in credit or is this just something that takes alot of time? any sort of feedback is apreciated
Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: credit card question

If you have the means, use your card for everything (groceries, gas, etc..) and pay off the ENTIRE balance each month. After a few months of this they'll be more willing to increase your credit.

Basically it just takes time and they have to be able to trust you. It'll prolly take 6-12 months after you received the card to get any kind of substantial credit line increase.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:10 PM

yea i am a "student" and my credit limit went up after a few months b/c i treated my credit card basically like a debit card, meaning when ever i used it, next time i was at the computer i would go ahead and pay it off right then so i knew everything would be paid for and not have to wait to get a statement in the mail...but ofcouse i dont ever make purchases over the amount of money i have anyway
Old 09-29-2006, 03:20 AM

I have a student card, and immdeiatly they gave me another 1k on top of the 1k i started off with. I currently have no job minus poker, but they don't know that. I pay all of my balances off in full every month and with that I can ask for a credit line increase at any time. As a matter of fact they just bumped me up another 1k for being a good customer this week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 PM

when they ask me what my job is what should I say? Is it bad to say poker? If not should i say that I am self employed or unemployed?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM

I put student but if i didnt put student i would put lawn mower